The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

I think that the will of the 17.4 million who took the time to vote Brexit should be paramount. It really is as simple as that. It trumps (no pun intended) all other decisions taken to water down the referendum.

Angel1.

We're leaving the EU. However, none of the leave/remain voters knew what leave would look like.

Edited by SnailyBoy

I think that the will of the 17.4 million who took the time to vote Brexit should be paramount.

Even more than the will of the 29.1 million who didn't vote for it?

You have a very strange idea of democracy!

Brexiters still don’t comprehend they were sold a pup.

It’s incredible watching this unfold.

Brexiters still don’t comprehend they were sold a pup.

It’s incredible watching this unfold.

It's false pride. This is what you get with patriotism, it prevents you to admit you are wrong because you'd be against the country for whatever reason. Irrelevant of the outcomes, this is exactly what drove Nazism across the continent in the 20s/30s.

And no, I am not calling Brexiteers Nazis, I am calling them affected by the same social construct.

It's false pride. This is what you get with patriotism, it prevents you to admit you are wrong because you'd be against the country for whatever reason. Irrelevant of the outcomes, this is exactly what drove Nazism across the continent in the 20s/30s.

And no, I am not calling Brexiteers Nazis, I am calling them affected by the same social construct.

BRINO, bad-deal, no-deal.

Their problem now, and I think this is starting to dawn on some, is they're more likely than not going to end up looking like complete plums regardless of what unfolds going forward.

As does Jessa, who apparently voted to leave, god preserve democracy. :)

As does Jessa, who apparently voted to leave, god preserve democracy. :)

I'm sure Corbyn voted remain.

I'm sure Corbyn voted remain.

Really, do you have a link? And before you ask, although I recall that he favoured leaving, I don’t have a link either.

So...

Current position IMHO

The democratic choice of the people who voted in the 1970s is being ignored.

The leavers don't know how they will solve the Irish Border problem and thus are quite willing to disrespect those that died in the troubles to get it in place by ignoring it

Less than half the population voted to leave

Those that did vote to leave weren't sure of what their leaving present would look like

Now it isn't what they wanted, they are complaining

Brexit will have a huge short/medium term negative impact on the UK which may take decades (if at all) to recover from (we are already seeing the impact of it across the board).

There is no coherent and plausible budget proposal showing how this will benefit the country

The democratic wishes of the people to have a say in the final proposal is being ignored

The democratic wishes of the people for a second referendum is being ignored

Have I missed anything?

I do hope that you're not just assuming those 29.1 million people are remainers.

Really, do you have a link? And before you ask, although I recall that he favoured leaving, I don’t have a link either.

Jeremy Corbyn voted for Britain to leave the European Economic Community (EEC) in the 1975 European referendum.

Jeremy Corbyn opposed the creation of the European Union (EU) under the Maastricht Treaty – speaking and voting against it in Parliament in 1993.

In 2016 his long-time left-wing ally Tariq Ali said that he was sure that if Corbyn was not Labour leader he would be campaigning for Britain to leave the EU, whilst his brother Piers Corbyn also said that Jeremy Corbyn was privately opposed to Britain’s membership of the European Union.

Director of the Remain campaign, himself a Labour member and candidate, said, “Rather than making a clear and passionate Labour case for EU membership, Corbyn took a week’s holiday in the middle of the campaign and removed pro-EU lines from his speeches”.

He has been very consistent.

Jeremy Corbyn voted for Britain to leave the European Economic Community (EEC) in the 1975 European referendum.

Jeremy Corbyn opposed the creation of the European Union (EU) under the Maastricht Treaty – speaking and voting against it in Parliament in 1993.

In 2016 his long-time left-wing ally Tariq Ali said that he was sure that if Corbyn was not Labour leader he would be campaigning for Britain to leave the EU, whilst his brother Piers Corbyn also said that Jeremy Corbyn was privately opposed to Britain’s membership of the European Union.

Director of the Remain campaign, himself a Labour member and candidate, said, “Rather than making a clear and passionate Labour case for EU membership, Corbyn took a week’s holiday in the middle of the campaign and removed pro-EU lines from his speeches”.

He has been very consistent.

So according to this forum’s logic, he must be a closet Tory, you learn much on this forum, don’t you? :hihi: