Electric squirrel zapper

So my dad is having issues with squirrels in his garden destroying fruit on his trees.

My dad being who he is, he's wanting to get some kind of squirrel electric fence or wire mesh to wrap around the trees, so that when they try to climb up they get a shock and bugger off.

Does anyone know where he can get something like this? Or how he could go about building on himself?

Assuming we are talking about grey squirrels then I'd recommend an air rifle...

You can also buy commercial squirrel repellers, https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=squirrel+repeller&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=155843531454&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9343583319501695306&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006552&hvtargid=kwd-10251232&ref=pd_sl_nktel9n9o_e

...but an air rifle is far more effective.

Remember if you trap grey squirrels it's illegal to release them again.

So my dad is having issues with squirrels in his garden destroying fruit on his trees.

My dad being who he is, he's wanting to get some kind of squirrel electric fence or wire mesh to wrap around the trees, so that when they try to climb up they get a shock and bugger off.

Does anyone know where he can get something like this? Or how he could go about building on himself?

I deal with squirrels the same way I deal with rats.

I had a similar problem. Not only with a fruit tree but also a camellia – squirrels were climbing up and eating the flower buds. My cheap solution was to buy a 50g tub of menthol/eucalyptus vapour rub and smear it onto the trunk. I think the smell (and the taste when they licked it off their feet ) acted as a deterrent. This year my camellia is blooming marvellously.

This year my camellia is blooming marvellously.

Mine too!

After 10 years of having disappointing displays, this year's output is beautiful.

I made the mistake of moving it about 12 years ago, but then read that they don't appreciate being disturbed. Nearly disposed of it a few years ago - glad I didn't now!