Congratulations William + Kate. A New Baby Prince.

I'm not a Royalist. I hope they (just live everyone else) all have happy enlightened lives and a positive impact on the people they meet.

The question for me, is do they have a net postive or negative effect on the UK economy. How much do we pay out to them in benefits, and how much do they help bring in to the economy via tourism?

Consider other Head of State arrangements: comparing a hereditary monarchy to a dictator or a political electee/appointee, it's clear that a monarchy has major advantages.

I am not a Royalist in any shape or form, yes it's another mouth for us to feed but it would be churlish not to wish the infant well as he starts his life, Royal or not.

Just to add, Prince Willy says, they have thrice the worry now. Worry, I doubt if the Prince knows the meaning of the word. Worry is having three kids and not having enough brass to feed them and pay the rent.

Angel1.

Don't you think they still worry abouit their kids?

The question for me, is do they have a net postive or negative effect on the UK economy. How much do we pay out to them in benefits, and how much do they help bring in to the economy via tourism?

A quick search came up with this; http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/money/money-tips/how-the-queen-and-the-royal-family-boost-the-uk-economy-11364067030820

Don't you think they still worry abouit their kids?

Please advise me on what you think the Royal multimillionaires have to worry about relating to their kids. Safety, nope, armed Royal bodyguards two steps behind them. Schooling, nope, they will be cosseted through their school days and no doubt come away with excellent qualifications. Job, nope, all mapped out for them, ready and waiting. Money, nope, they will be millionaires before they reach 20. Worry, I cannot see it on any horizon. Their blood is truly blue.

Angel1.

Please advise me on what you think the Royal multimillionaires have to worry about relating to their kids. Safety, nope, armed Royal bodyguards two steps behind them. Schooling, nope, they will be cosseted through their school days and no doubt come away with excellent qualifications. Job, nope, all mapped out for them, ready and waiting. Money, nope, they will be millionaires before they reach 20. Worry, I cannot see it on any horizon. Their blood is truly blue.

Angel1.

So you don't think they worry? I think you're wrong.. can I ask a personal question..? Are you a parent?

So you don't think they worry? I think you're wrong.. can I ask a personal question..? Are you a parent?

Thankfully not. Although I fail to see your point. All I am saying is, related to the man in the street the Royals have precious little to worry over, their children included.

Angel1.

Thankfully not. Although I fail to see your point. All I am saying is, related to the man in the street the Royals have precious little to worry over, their children included.

Angel1.

My point is that as a parent worry is inbuilt..I doubt the Royals are any different...just my opinion of course..

I think this has been explained at length before.

For me its more about what good William and Harry does - especially Harry for injured soldiers. For me that's well worth the 5p or so tax he probably costs me.

I think this has been explained at length before.

For me its more about what good William and Harry does - especially Harry for injured soldiers. For me that's well worth the 5p or so tax he probably costs me.

5p??? Is it really anywhere NEAR that much??

Not a fan then :)

No but not the republican I used to be either.

AFAIK, European royal families have been obsolete for decades. A bit like motor cars, enthusiasts keep some of them going out of a love of nostalgia, but they will all be gone one day, as the enthusiasm for their lives of privilege and entitlement wanes.