Carillion another gov bail out?

They should not be bailed out by us - what incentive would there be to run a company properly if they can rely on taxpayers money to keep them afloat? It was bad enough with the banks.

I don't think they should bail them out but they "maintain" such massive amounts of government owned resources there's going to be a massive gap in service they'll have plug (and pay for. Again).

The government should not bail them out,we have too many big companies with self appointed directors giving themselves ridiculous salaries and bonuses.PLC's are always the same,rotten to the core,i seem to remember Theresa May saying she was going to crack down on big unaccountable companies.Were still waiting.

The government should not bail them out,we have too many big companies with self appointed directors giving themselves ridiculous salaries and bonuses.PLC's are always the same,rotten to the core,i seem to remember Theresa May saying she was going to crack down on big unaccountable companies.Were still waiting.

yeah the shareholders i believe got a massive payout late last year, yet they owe shedloads and the pensions is a mess..........yet again

yeah the shareholders i believe got a massive payout late last year, yet they owe shedloads and the pensions is a mess..........yet again

Unfortunately i work for one of the big PLC,s as well.

A private company taking millions of public money and giving it to shareholders and directors and then crashing and demanding public bailouts and abandoning workers and its pension obligations. The dogma and deceit of nearly forty years of free market capitalism in a nutshell.

A private company taking millions of public money and giving it to shareholders and directors and then crashing and demanding public bailouts and abandoning workers and its pension obligations. The dogma and deceit of nearly forty years of free market capitalism in a nutshell.

Yep. I see Failing Grayling has had his fingers in this one as well, giving Carillion a massive contract when it was clear they were struggling. He loves giving our money away to corporates doesn't he?

honest question . What can be done about this ? Just let them go bust, owing millions to subcontractors and workers , with an empty pension pot ?

Yep. I see Failing Grayling has had his fingers in this one as well, giving Carillion a massive contract when it was clear they were struggling. He loves giving our money away to corporates doesn't he?

Grayling is a disaster. He cocked up the probation service and bailed out Stagecoach/Virgin from their rail contract to save their bacon. How the fluk he gets away with it I don't know?

Just seen it on the BBC, good old Vince Cable, I guess finance is his expertise, but where is Corbyn.

It needs to fail, the country has no headroom to cover poor performance like this.

Just seen it on the BBC, good old Vince Cable, I guess finance is his expertise, but where is Corbyn.

He's not interfering with the enemy whilst it's in the process of destroying itself.

Simple solution.

Nationalise it.

Bring these services back under state control.