Carillion another gov bail out?

OK, I'll try and put it into plainer language.

You were claiming that the rich are no longer getting richer, compared to the rest of us, on the grounds that income inequality, as measured by the Gini coefficient of the income distribution, has decreased slightly.

The point I'm making is that this is a specious argument. People on higher incomes will (other things equal) continue to accumulate capital/wealth/assets (i.e., get richer) more quickly than people on lower incomes, even if income inequality has decreased a bit. Inequalities of wealth will still be increasing, and it's wealth, not income, that defines how rich you are.

Various clarifications, qualifications, additions etc. need to be made to flesh that out, but the Forum is not really the place for that kind of thing.

However you are contradicting yourself..

If people on higher incomes are accumulating capital faster on a pro rated bases than than those on lower incomes, then inequality hasnt fallen. But you then assert that it may be doing so. If the Gini coefficient is falling that means that the wealth distribution - not income is in fact reducing. Which is what you want.

So really I dont understand the point you are trying to make, rather than being undefinably angry about something.