A new Police tactic?

They were closed because of accidents.

Was another car embedded in a wall/tree on Albert Road, you'd think people would have some common sense not to try and drive down very steep roads covered with snow.

Albert Road in Meersbrook ?

If so, not the first time somebody’s skidded the car into another person’s front room. It happened a couple of years back; it was in the star.

Edit:

Was Argyle Road, not Albert Road in January 2015

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/we-were-so-lucky-say-sheffield-s-house-snow-crash-family-1-7064419

Edit 2:

Now I remember why this story made the headlines; a similar incident happened a month later at almost exactly the same spot. Look at the picture of the second incident and you can see the house damaged in the first!

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/safety-pleas-after-second-crash-on-sheffield-road-where-car-ploughed-into-house-1-7094104/amp

Edited by The Joker

Hagg Lane and Hagg Hill aren't the same road though...

There was a police van blocking Hagg Lane halfway down last night, at the last junction opposite the top field. When they went the gritters came and a road closed sign appeared at the top of the road. Not surprised if there was a crash at the bottom because the road was like skating rink. Don't know anything about Hagg Hill.

Edited by Colin Foster

Albert Road in Meersbrook ?

If so, not the first time somebody’s skidded the car into another person’s front room. It happened a couple of years back; it was in the star.

Edit:

Was Argyle Road, not Albert Road in January 2015

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/we-were-so-lucky-say-sheffield-s-house-snow-crash-family-1-7064419

Edit 2:

Now I remember why this story made the headlines; a similar incident happened a month later at almost exactly the same spot. Look at the picture of the second incident and you can see the house damaged in the first!

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/safety-pleas-after-second-crash-on-sheffield-road-where-car-ploughed-into-house-1-7094104/amp

Yes, hit the wall/tree opposite the bus stop, they will have been coming down Upper Albert Road, it was not a slow impact with the damage sustained to the car.

I remember both of those, why anyone would think its at all safe to attempt to drive down Bishops Court road in those conditions i could not guess, its the kind of poor judgement that should have ones privilege to drive removed.

They are both heavily used by idiots* wishing to cut out the Stephen Hill/Manchester Road Junction to save a precious minute or two.

There were crashes on both roads the other day, thats why the police had a road block in place.

* The number of cars that slide off the road whenever it is a bit icy leads me to believe this is the correct terminology.

True, and my OP is incorrect, I put Hagg Hill instead of Stephen Hill. ( I call the whole stretch Hagg although it has three different names along it's length) My bad.

The stoppage was at the top of Stephen Hill, Hagg Hill was still accessible from a couple of other routes but later there was indeed a car in the wall on Rivelin bottom, possibly from sliding down the hill?

The crash at Gleadless happened after the police had blocked the bottom off, as they are already there when the car crashes in the video.