Public transport tickets from 2nd January 2018

Andy C

Could anyone "in the know" please advise the boundary stops for the Sheffield 50p (is this now 60p on Stagecoach though?) Central Fare Zone?

This is a very useful fare but the details are not at all well advertised.

Could anyone "in the know" please advise the boundary stops for the Sheffield 50p (is this now 60p on Stagecoach though?) Central Fare Zone?

This is a very useful fare but the details are not at all well advertised.

It is within the inner ring road I believe.

If you look your journey up on the Stagecoach app or on http://www.stagecoachbus.com it should tell you the fare as well as the times.

---------- Post added 10-05-2018 at 19:29 ----------

Incidentally in other news First are changing their ticket prices from 27th May and there is a push to encourage people to buy tickets via the smartphone app rather than from the driver in order to speed up boarding and reduce related delays.

https://manage.firstgroup.com/south-yorkshire/switch-and-save

Incidentally in other news First are changing their ticket prices from 27th May and there is a push to encourage people to buy tickets via the smartphone app rather than from the driver in order to speed up boarding and reduce related delays.

I’ll say!!! The £1.50 fare is going up to £2!! That’s a third! The mTicket isn’t really “cheaper” as it’s been £18 for 10 trips for years.

[/color]Incidentally in other news First are changing their ticket prices from 27th May and there is a push to encourage people to buy tickets via the smartphone app rather than from the driver in order to speed up boarding and reduce related delays.

I don't have, and don't want a smartphone, so unless I carry my iPad everywhere, I can't use mTickets.

Surely there must be a way to personalise Travelmaster cards(my preferred option)? I know First West of England, where they trialed smartcards, now have the ability to update them/purchase tickets online.

Using an mTicket isn’t any quicker than scanning a smart card apart from at the point of purchase. As someone has already mentioned not everyone has a smart phone with a data plan - and it’s no good if your battery dies after a long day/night out.

We need to move towards cash free buses and registered smart cards which allow you to purchase tickets / check your journey history online like Oyster cards in London. Much quicker and then there’s no need for drivers to carry cash.

Using an mTicket isn’t any quicker than scanning a smart card apart from at the point of purchase. As someone has already mentioned not everyone has a smart phone with a data plan - and it’s no good if your battery dies after a long day/night out.

We need to move towards cash free buses and registered smart cards which allow you to purchase tickets / check your journey history online like Oyster cards in London. Much quicker and then there’s no need for drivers to carry cash.

Oyster works pretty well on the Nationalised single operator that is 'London Transport' (TfL), where massive subsidies pay for the ticketing system.

Oyster will not work technically, when it comes to distributing revenue between operators in different counties.

The operators have also got a vested interest in 'trapping' users to a certain product.