Public transport tickets from 2nd January 2018

It is within the inner ring road I believe.

If you look your journey up on the Stagecoach app or on http://www.stagecoachbus.com it should tell you the fare as well as the times.

I thought that too but on boarding a 52a at Waingate on Sunday the First driver advised me that the Central Zone fare was not valid on that route as it "went up West St" as opposed to running via Arundel Gate or Leopold St.

I thought that too but on boarding a 52a at Waingate on Sunday the First driver advised me that the Central Zone fare was not valid on that route as it "went up West St" as opposed to running via Arundel Gate or Leopold St.

On Stagecoach to west street its £1.20 from Haymarket on route 52 or 60p from Flat Street on route 120. Alternatively on the tram from Fitzalan Square its £1.70

The 'centro' ticket is no longer mentioned at all on the First website, its an offer that goes back to when the Freebee was withdrawn or possibly earlier.

I think a good number of people buy daily/weekly/monthly passes now anyway.

Edited by Andy C

The 52a would have been the Haymarket stop not Waingate sorry. The (First) driver advised that their £1 fare was valid as far as the Children's Hospital.

Personally I have four smartphones. The oldest is Symbian operating system which is no good for new apps. Then I have bought two Sony's which are so full of bloat-ware that they won't download anything new due to lack of memory. My latest which I paid a lot for and is still under guarantee is great, except some apps crash all the time, not covered by warranty of course. So if First think I am risking getting stranded when I have already paid, or am going to pay more to pay by any other means, they can think again. When I go out I wait and see which bus turns up, First or Stagecoach, and I get on that, unless it's full of school kids, then I wait for the alternative. So that makes it impossible to activate a m-ticket anyway. Back to the car I think when Stagecoach follow suit, as they will. Buses will be running with non-paying passengers riding round all day.

Personally I have four smartphones. The oldest is Symbian operating system which is no good for new apps. Then I have bought two Sony's which are so full of bloat-ware that they won't download anything new due to lack of memory. My latest which I paid a lot for and is still under guarantee is great, except some apps crash all the time, not covered by warranty of course. So if First think I am risking getting stranded when I have already paid, or am going to pay more to pay by any other means, they can think again. When I go out I wait and see which bus turns up, First or Stagecoach, and I get on that, unless it's full of school kids, then I wait for the alternative. So that makes it impossible to activate a m-ticket anyway. Back to the car I think when Stagecoach follow suit, as they will. Buses will be running with non-paying passengers riding round all day.

Presumably you buy a Travelmaster product (such as Citywide) rather than a First only ticket? If that's the case First's annual fares change won't affect you.

Does anyone know whether purchases made through the First m-tickets app are recorded anywhere as I need some kind of record to be able to claim back my expenses?

Guest busdriver1
Does anyone know whether purchases made through the First m-tickets app are recorded anywhere as I need some kind of record to be able to claim back my expenses?

You should be offered a receipt at the point if purchase.

You should be offered a receipt at the point if purchase.

Thank you.

Information about buying tickets on the First m-tickets app is here: https://www.firstgroup.com/buy-ticket/mtickets-faqs

Incidentally looks like 7 day and 28 day smart card tickets are going to be available to buy from the self service ticket machines at Interchanges with the same discount.

Have to say we found the cashless contactless debit/credit card system in London superb.

Easy to use and much less fathing around at stops.

Sooner they adopt it here the better.

Have to say we found the cashless contactless debit/credit card system in London superb.

Easy to use and much less fathing around at stops.

Sooner they adopt it here the better.

Totally agree, though I like the fact that you can check your journey history etc if you use Oyster - also helpful if you need to claim back expenses.

Another benefit on London buses is after £4.40 your fare is automatically capped so any other travel on that day is free so no messing around with the ridiculous amount of different tickets.