Black Friday - buying or not??

Well it's here,

Are you off hunting or staying clear?

Me, I'm leaving well alone. But then I'm not one for the mad dash to save a tenner!

Funny thing is, this year at work not a single person seemed remotely interested. Invariably those asked were negative of the whole Black Friday extravaganza....they just didn't seem to be falling for it!

Having read/seen the somewhat scary predictions arising from the budget, I do wonder if shoppers will shy away this year.

Can't see much of interest really.

Never did if I'm honest, people went mental over cheap TV's in supermarkets not long ago, but pretty soon word got out they were total bobbins and a waste of money.

no im not buying anything I would if I actually wanted something or needed it

Got a pair of jeans for a tenner instead of 35 in Next, good times!

I'm watching some cheapish flights but not buying just at the min

If you're an avid shopper (which I'm not) I guess there are bargains to be found. But I find the whole pricing thing a nonsense. Last week I bought a Lego model for £64.99 (marked as having been £84.99). Had I waited until Black Friday, it would now be costing me £74.99 - ten pounds more than I paid for it.

Potential for buying stuff cheap to resell?

Potential for buying stuff cheap to resell?
Scalpers are alive and well.

E.g. PSVR sets went insanely cheap a few days ago (250 instead of 350-450 depending on bundled games), virtual shelves were cleared just about overnight (even Amazon was out of stock!).

I bought one because I was going to get one for Xmas anyway, and I'd been patiently waiting for price drops since before release day (over a year ago IIRC) but I'm pretty sure most are going to resurface at a premium on FleaBay, Shpock <etc> on the run-up to Xmas: Sony recently discontinued the Mk1 (the one in the bundles) and is introducing a Mk2 (not really worth it, unless you really-really want a HDR pass-through feature), so there will likely be low stocks and pent up demand for a short while.

It's long been the same with most anything gadgety and in the news/of high interest (new I-something, new Samsung-else, new retro Nintendo mini-console, etc, etc. coming out: oversubscribed at launch time t+00:01, then flipped at a profit within hours of out of stock notices going up).

Can't say I bought loads at all this year. Mostly small-ish price stuff for Xmas presents (e.g. Bosch Tassimo for £29.99 instead of £80, was going to spend £30 on the person anyway, so 'nice to be nice').

I got some shoes that I'd wanted for a while at half price. Not looking for anything else at all.

It really does seems a total damp squib this year.

According to the news, a lot of goods that are on sale have already been that price earlier in the year.:roll:

Winter sale.

Spring sale.

Summer sale.

Autumn sale.

Closing down sale.

January sales.

Every thing must go sale.

All a big con, go to meadow hall any day of the week and I guarantee every shop will have a sale on. everything you buy today has been reduced.

I'm not. Don't they just reduce tat in the sales anyway.