Dockless bike sharing scheme to launch in Sheffield

Why would anyone be to blame except yourself? Unless of course there's actually someone else involved and it was there fault for knocking you off.

Helmets are of dubious safety benefit anyway.

If you hire a car which has faults who's to blame? If you had an accident in a faulty vehicle then there's the use,cause and permit law which can result in prosecution of the company who hired you the vehicle,

Say you hire a bike and your going down a hill and the breaks fail, and your left paralysed, who's to blame?

All the same laws about negligence and due care would apply.

You seemed to be focussed on the absence of a helmet though, for which you would be personally responsible.

---------- Post added 16-01-2018 at 22:19 ----------

It would appear not to be so.

It's most definitely so, it's exactly how you locate the bikes in the first place.

All the same laws about negligence and due care would apply.

You seemed to be focussed on the absence of a helmet though, for which you would be personally responsible.

---------- Post added 16-01-2018 at 22:19 ----------

It's most definitely so, it's exactly how you locate the bikes in the first place.

I'm not against the bikes, the opposite really and I hope that the initial problems with the idiots damaging them stops, but I do think there should be some kind of option to pick up a helmet rather than having to carry your own around just in case you decide to hire one, it doesn't really promote the safety aspect of safe riding with no option to collect a helmet,

Could they possibly have pick up and drop of points at shops/retail outlets over the city which would help with the damage issues and also you'd be able to pick up a helmet

Looks like a similar Manchester scheme lasted about 5 months before it hit major problems.

Wonder if Sheffield will last a longer or shorter time? Place your bets now....

Although I do like reading your posts, your incessant complaining about every single aspect of our fair city does my head in at times.

Why is it that yellow bicycles dumped in Sheffield’s canals is termed vandalism, whereas when yellow bicycles are dumped in Manchester’s canals, they call it Modern Art?

Although I do like reading your posts, your incessant complaining about every single aspect of our fair city does my head in at times.

Why is it that yellow bicycles dumped in Sheffield’s canals is termed vandalism, whereas when yellow bicycles are dumped in Manchester’s canals, they call it Modern Art?

Not sure I'm complaining really- just saying it how it is! I have no opinion on this bike schene really at all- it's useless to me, but i'm aure others like it. I find it sort if amusing to speculate on how long it will last, and whether it will be longer or shorter than the manchester scheme.

I'm not actually sure what else I 'incessantly complain' about on here, other than our useless council. Let's face it though- this forum is hardly full of praise for the council. Or much else for that manner! Isn't evert thread dedicated to complaining in some way? But then that is the nature of news really!

I really am struggling to see what you mean in regards to complaining. I don't even post in more than three topics really! Thanks for saying you like reading them though! I don't recall too much positivity coming from you in the past though!

Edit: oh i post in the jared o'mara one too. That's a series of negative comments essentially, beacuse he really is a useless sod.

Edited by paula4sheff

How is the Ofo bike scheme going in other areas. Found this link from Cambridge News from Aug 2017:

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/ofo-bikes-rent-cambridge-13468593

Looks like Sheffield is not the only one with problems.

Interesting article, but not applicable to Sheffield in any way at all.

From the article:

[Cambridge.] It's a city full of temporary residents with too much money and others who just don't care.

Whereas Sheffield is a city full of good, honest, salt-of-the-earth Northern folk who don’t have two ha’pennies to rub together.

And the hills. We have too many of the damn things.

I'm not against the bikes, the opposite really and I hope that the initial problems with the idiots damaging them stops, but I do think there should be some kind of option to pick up a helmet rather than having to carry your own around just in case you decide to hire one, it doesn't really promote the safety aspect of safe riding with no option to collect a helmet,

Could they possibly have pick up and drop of points at shops/retail outlets over the city which would help with the damage issues and also you'd be able to pick up a helmet

Having seen my housemate's helmet after he's been riding, there's no way I'd put it on, so sharing of helmets isn't an appealing idea.

Plus if they're dropped they should really be replaced, how would this be monitored?

Aside from the fact that there's dubious benefit in wearing one.

If it were so, vandalised, and damaged cycles would not be being left uncollected.

If it were so, cycles would not be being stolen so easily.

The bikes are being GPS tracked, they do not have cameras on them so unless someone TELLS ofo that they are damaged how would they know? :huh:

Ditto the thefts, they are expected to be moved so ofo should not be expected to panic if they are!!

Methinks that you are attributing ofo with some kind of psychic ability that other firms dont have!!