Snake Pass Closed from today (Mon 23 Oct) till Fri 27 Oct

bus man

As has already been said, no need at all for a dual carriageway over the Snake. It needs to start in Glossop through to the motorway.

In the weekday rush hour there are cars crawling along from the traffic lights in Glossop through to the motorway, that is the problem not the Snake.

I suspect the closure of the Snake could have been the reason why some moron in an 18-wheel artic decided to attempt the Strines road yesterday and promptly got stuck on the hairpin a mile before Midhopestones. It caused utter chaos with around 40 cars stuck behind it. The lorry was from Stockport so the driver should have known better and read the width limit signs.

There needs to be a decent road trans pennine rather than the current A628 through Tintwhistle which must cause misery to the residents and huge amount of pollution.

There has been many proposed plans but seems to have been perpetually bogged down with red tape and do gooders NIMBY objections.

Maybe if you put the same team as who’s planning HS2 who carte blanche build though housing estates, then some progress might be done.

I would just refer you all to the road systems in Norway, and in the Alps. Tunnels everywhere, no messing, they just do them. I know, it's easier rock and there's more money, but if we want to get a lot of traffic, be it road or rail, around an increasingly over crowded island we'll have to put more in tunnels - or stay at home.

There needs to be a decent road trans pennine rather than the current A628 through Tintwhistle which must cause misery to the residents and huge amount of pollution.

There has been many proposed plans but seems to have been perpetually bogged down with red tape and do gooders NIMBY objections.

Maybe if you put the same team as who’s planning HS2 who carte blanche build though housing estates, then some progress might be done.

Yes. Mottram Moor is where people go if they've nothing to do for a couple of hours other than to sit in a traffic jam moving at 0.0001mph.

Yes. Mottram Moor is where people go if they've nothing to do for a couple of hours other than to sit in a traffic jam moving at 0.0001mph.

Go up the outside lane - fair chance you'll find a gap to pull into - or take the right fork towards Stalybridge at the lights then turn left to come back to the crossroads, straight over, right down Ashworth Lane and right onto the dual carriageway to bring you to the M67 roundabout.

Go up the outside lane - fair chance you'll find a gap to pull into - or take the right fork towards Stalybridge at the lights then turn left to come back to the crossroads, straight over, right down Ashworth Lane and right onto the dual carriageway to bring you to the M67 roundabout.

When im coming back from Manchester i always use the right hand lane when coming to the top of the M67 , go round the roundabout ,then sneak back in . Usually saves 10 minutes of queuing .

When im coming back from Manchester i always use the right hand lane when coming to the top of the M67 , go round the roundabout ,then sneak back in . Usually saves 10 minutes of queuing .

I do exactly the same when there's a queue for the roundabout.