Snake Pass Closed from today (Mon 23 Oct) till Fri 27 Oct

There needs to be a decent road trans pennine rather than the current A628 through Tintwhistle which must cause misery to the residents and huge amount of pollution.

There has been many proposed plans but seems to have been perpetually bogged down with red tape and do gooders NIMBY objections.

Maybe if you put the same team as who’s planning HS2 who carte blanche build though housing estates, then some progress might be done.

I would just refer you all to the road systems in Norway, and in the Alps. Tunnels everywhere, no messing, they just do them. I know, it's easier rock and there's more money, but if we want to get a lot of traffic, be it road or rail, around an increasingly over crowded island we'll have to put more in tunnels - or stay at home.

Easy way to raise money. Put a £ 2 toll on all vehicles except hgv which are £5. On snake and woodhead. 2 yrs of that will help finance it

There needs to be a decent road trans pennine rather than the current A628 through Tintwhistle which must cause misery to the residents and huge amount of pollution.

There has been many proposed plans but seems to have been perpetually bogged down with red tape and do gooders NIMBY objections.

Maybe if you put the same team as who’s planning HS2 who carte blanche build though housing estates, then some progress might be done.

Yes. Mottram Moor is where people go if they've nothing to do for a couple of hours other than to sit in a traffic jam moving at 0.0001mph.

Yes. Mottram Moor is where people go if they've nothing to do for a couple of hours other than to sit in a traffic jam moving at 0.0001mph.

Go up the outside lane - fair chance you'll find a gap to pull into - or take the right fork towards Stalybridge at the lights then turn left to come back to the crossroads, straight over, right down Ashworth Lane and right onto the dual carriageway to bring you to the M67 roundabout.

Go up the outside lane - fair chance you'll find a gap to pull into - or take the right fork towards Stalybridge at the lights then turn left to come back to the crossroads, straight over, right down Ashworth Lane and right onto the dual carriageway to bring you to the M67 roundabout.

When im coming back from Manchester i always use the right hand lane when coming to the top of the M67 , go round the roundabout ,then sneak back in . Usually saves 10 minutes of queuing .

When im coming back from Manchester i always use the right hand lane when coming to the top of the M67 , go round the roundabout ,then sneak back in . Usually saves 10 minutes of queuing .

I do exactly the same when there's a queue for the roundabout.

I was stuck in one of those interminable queues through Mottram on Saturday morning. When we got past the lights at the bottom of the long hill I realised that halfway up it there was a car broken down in the left hand lane.

Feel my pain.

Go up the outside lane - fair chance you'll find a gap to pull into.

No. That's cheating. In the LH lane, I don't let latecutters in.

The A57 snake psss will be closed from

9am today (Mon 23rd Oct) till this Friday ( 27 Oct) for resurfacing ;

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-motorists-warned-snake-pass-will-be-closed-for-a-week-1-8810372

I can’t find a Derbyshire cc link

Try link below for details of traffic and holdups etc

for Snake Pass A57 Glossop,Woodhead A628,and surrounding area.

http://glossop.online/trafficincident/?id=1503315452

No. That's cheating. In the LH lane, I don't let latecutters in.

Not cheating, just overtaking stationary vehicles and I don't cut anyone up or force my way in - there is usually an HGV that , by the time it's got moving, has left a 20 yard gap in front of it. If there isn't a gap. like I said - I turn right at the lights and take it from there.