White Male privilege

All forms?

This thread proves otherwise.

Selecting people on the basis of the colour of their skin, or their sex, is morally wrong and socially repugnant. Mel is only opposed to discrimination against his favoured ethnic groupings.

Shameful, but true.

Positive discrimination. The clue is in the name.

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 18:51 ----------

British Transport Police (BTP) have recently held recruitment workshops open only to ‘women and black or ethnic minority’ candidates.

This sends out the clear message that white males are not wanted, or valued, for the positions available.

Now that's publicly funded discrimination. Racial and sexual inequality disguised as 'positive' action.

Only if you're stupid enough not to realise that since BTP is largely made up of white men and nearly all off it's senior officers are white men that it's only fair to encourage a few more women and brown people to sign up.

It's an attempt to address an inequality.

Mel is only opposed to discrimination against his favoured ethnic groupings.

yeah cos i hate myself :roll::help:

you seem to have turned personal, seems you dont actually have any arguement by the seems

I'm really not a fan of positive discrimination; it sends out a message that your race / gender / whatever is significant. So if you're trying to move away from the idea that your race is significant, then, I would argue, positive discrimination is counter productive.

The only thing that counts is your attitude / character / ability etc.

yeah cos i hate myself :roll::help:

you seem to have turned personal, seems you dont actually have any arguement by the seems

I have no idea what you mean when you talk about hating yourself.

If you don't support equality for all, then you don't support equality.

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 19:47 ----------

Positive discrimination. The clue is in the name..

Yes.

Discrimination.

Only if you're stupid enough not to realise that since BTP is largely made up of white men and nearly all off it's senior officers are white men that it's only fair to encourage a few more women and brown people to sign up.

Do you really believe that barring applicants from attending these workshops based upon their skin colour and sex 'encourages' women and 'brown people' (a racist term) to sign up, as you so eloquently put it? Might they not think they only got the job because of their sex and skin colour - and not their ability to actually do the job?

It's an attempt to address an inequality.
It's patronising racist nonsense like this that really annoys me. It sends out a loud message to women and minority groups that they are simply not good enough to compete in 2017 without receiving preferential treatment.

Nah, it's demonstrably real.

It exists in the mind of SJWs and 'allies'...

It exists in the mind of SJWs and 'allies'...

YAY and here we go, another right wing trolls new name straight into the fray :hihi:

Positive discrimination are 2 words that dont go together. Its like saying acceptable racism or something.

The problem is is whatever is done to help its never enough, then you read threads like this and realize it.

Let me give 1 classic example that is always banged on about by the likes of Paul Ince and Ian wright. Not enough black managers in English football. What about the number of black players in English football? Why not accept that they are better at playing than managing? Black players do incredibly well as players. Then how about there's maybe 1 asian footballer? But I know lots of asians who follow football. So why do they not get given the opportunity? Maybe just maybe horror of horror certain groups of people are better suited to certain jobs. Why cant people just get over it

YAY and here we go, another right wing trolls new name straight into the fray :hihi:

Right wing? As a Labour voter... won't that upset the space/time continuum?

Never occurred to me to also say... i'm black and don't think white privelege exists in the modern day...

Edited by MidgetSaw

Positive discrimination are 2 words that dont go together. Its like saying acceptable racism or something.

The problem is is whatever is done to help its never enough, then you read threads like this and realize it.

Let me give 1 classic example that is always banged on about by the likes of Paul Ince and Ian wright. Not enough black managers in English football. What about the number of black players in English football? Why not accept that they are better at playing than managing? Black players do incredibly well as players. Then how about there's maybe 1 asian footballer? But I know lots of asians who follow football. So why do they not get given the opportunity? Maybe just maybe horror of horror certain groups of people are better suited to certain jobs. Why cant people just get over it

Agree with you why isn't there many whites in the 100m Olympic finals.

Think the answer is obvious.

The life expectancy rate etc of working class vis a vis middle and upper classes and north and south is more of a problem than the race baiting of Tories and fellow libtard travellers

---------- Post added 11-10-2017 at 09:13 ----------

What absolute tosh.. so "white males" living on manor or in an inner city slum in Sheffield "held the power and money in society."..??

Liberal middle class bs like that portraying as left wing is why folk have lost faith in much of the left, or at least the wishy washy liberal left..

Shocking

No one on here does more " race baiting " than you

The eating of fruit and veg is meant to be good for you though according to all the so called 'experts'. Not sure if they've said anything about smoking it though.

Haha! Nice one.

Lazy parents if kids are not getting fruit n veg. Nowt to do with poverty.

I come from a family of 9 and we didn't have much, but, we got meals cooked from scratch everyday and fruit twice a week. Bloody nonsense.

bet you never clicked on the other link in my op did you?

2 jobseekers

both the same qualifications and experience

one with an english sounding name, one with a muslim sounding name

guess which one got more replies back (hint it wasnt the muslim sounding named guy)

thats discrimination

You would struggle to prove it tho Melvin.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote

The eating of fruit and veg is meant to be good for you though according to all the so called 'experts'. Not sure if they've said anything about smoking it though.

Haha! Nice one.

Lazy parents if kids are not getting fruit n veg. Nowt to do with poverty.

I come from a family of 9 and we didn't have much, but, we got meals cooked from scratch everyday and fruit twice a week. Bloody nonsense.

Lots of truth in that :thumbsup:, but fruit twice a week , you must have had a middle class upbringing :) ( I know you didn't )

Edited by nikki-red
fixed the quote