Wilkinsons in Meadowhall??

I prefer to dodge urine and methadone instead of thousands prams, slow old people, screaming kids, chavs and people from Barnsley

Sounds like Taybarns at Tankersley.

Sports direct is moving into part of the BHS unit, primark is extending into the remainder of the BHS unit and Wilko's are moving into the space sports direct is leaving.

wilko has a store in Manchester Arndale centre as well don't think rent will be cheap in there. I think it would do well, would be a big threat to Superdrug as is way cheaper on toiletries, it beats the big 4 supermarkets on a lot of products

Yes wilkos is coming to mhall and no, its not been there before.

Sounds like Taybarns at Tankersley.

They've gone now, back to Brewer's Fayres.

My wife use to work for C&A before they closed and moved out of the UK, the rent for just the area they shared with Sainsburys, now Next and Primark was £10,000 for the year but I expect it's a lot more now.

Wilko may be a big threat to such as Superdrug, Boots and Pound land, there toiletries prices are lower and it's the only place I can find to buy SR toothpaste the Gardening range is a lot better too. :)

Edited by MEC176

I prefer to dodge urine and methadone instead of thousands prams, slow old people, screaming kids, chavs and people from Barnsley

:hihi:

I also had no idea how much the rent was for Meadowhall. Then again, I rarely go so I don't know much about it anyway! :)

Does anyone remember when Meadowhall's motto was ' Meadowhall Cares ', back in the 90's?

Does anyone remember when Meadowhall's motto was ' Meadowhall Cares ', back in the 90's?

Not really, no.

Thanks to the dumbing down of society, I can't remember what I was doing ten minutes ago :huh:

Not really, no.

Thanks to the dumbing down of society, I can't remember what I was doing ten minutes ago :huh:

I was singing the 90s Meadowhall Cares "jingle" about ten minutes ago.

it was supposed to be goin in Sports Direct ,but rumour has it not looking likely now maybe they had a rethink with Ikea opening

May due to the high rents in Meadowhall and the fact that Wilkinson's struggling at the moment.