Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

I sometimes wake up thinking I have woken up in another dimension.This gender fluid thing is totally baffling me.Is there any proof that gender neutralality actually exists in the human race.I know it exists in some animals and that the clownfish can change its gender completely and be able to reproduce.It certainly catches your attention when you see a couple walking down the street which I did last week and one of them is sporting a seasick steve beard but wearing a blouse and skirt and high heels.It certainly caught my attention.:hihi:

You've confused gender with sex, the clownfish changes it sex.

Gender is a social construct.

---------- Post added 12-09-2017 at 09:04 ----------

If they behaved no I wouldn't

What specific behaviour do gay couples have to exhibit that straight couples don't? :roll:

---------- Post added 12-09-2017 at 09:06 ----------

Well, if you're female to begin with, change your gender to male and hey presto, you will get paid more!

Obviously, if you have kids with someone, you will have to battle for parental rights in court if your relationship has ended... but hey, small price to pay for being paid as a man.

Plus, by declaring yourself male, you will have all of the privilege that comes with it like never having to try and being handed everything on a plate. Bonus points if you're white.

Also... by simply identifying as male, you will never have to suffer periods and you will automatically be able to compete with men physically in sport. Of course... this does mean that you will have to play extra sets in tennis, and have to run a faster time than Usain to set a world record... because gender is a man made construct which defies any natural characteristics given by, well, nature.

We're the same... it's simply how you're brought up that defines your abilities when you grow up.

All these pages and you still can't grasp the difference between sex and gender. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 12-09-2017 at 09:07 ----------

Its not intolerance what so ever.

It is, that's exactly what it is. Demanding the right not to tolerate people is quite clearly wanting to be intolerant towards them.

Are other species gender fluid?¿

I doubt it because female lions are being told from a young age that they should wear pink and play with dolls.

---------- Post added 12-09-2017 at 10:02 ----------

Because no one has given me a good enough explanation to grasp...

Then the issue is yours. At least 3 people, myself, Cyclone and Halibut have all given very basic explanations of the difference between gender and sex. We have linked to further reading from accredited and non-biased sources. If you still cannot grasp it (regardless of whether you agree or not) then either you are intentionally refusing to listen so you can continue to make arguments that are immediate shot down by any understanding of the constructs of gender or you are somehow mentally incapable of understanding.

I doubt it because female lions are being told from a young age that they should wear pink and play with dolls.

---------- Post added 12-09-2017 at 10:02 ----------

Then the issue is yours. At least 3 people, myself, Cyclone and Halibut have all given very basic explanations of the difference between gender and sex. We have linked to further reading from accredited and non-biased sources. If you still cannot grasp it (regardless of whether you agree or not) then either you are intentionally refusing to listen so you can continue to make arguments that are immediate shot down by any understanding of the constructs of gender or you are somehow mentally incapable of understanding.

There is still no proof, just theory. People explain to me that God exists, doesn't make it true, despite all of the 'evidence' which is still just opinion and personal belief.

There is still no proof, just theory. People explain to me that God exists, doesn't make it true, despite all of the 'evidence' which is still just opinion and personal belief.

Which is different to you not understanding the proposed difference between gender and sex. Whether you agree or not, there is are very clearly defined separate descriptions in science for gender and sex.

As I say, whether you agree or not is entirely up to you, yet we allow to people you believe in and follow a religion with no proof so the same should be offered to people who believe they are gender fluid.

Which is different to you not understanding the proposed difference between gender and sex. Whether you agree or not, there is are very clearly defined separate descriptions in science for gender and sex.

As I say, whether you agree or not is entirely up to you, yet we allow to people you believe in and follow a religion with no proof so the same should be offered to people who believe they are gender fluid.

But, my problem with religion is that it's on a level with some forms of mental illness. It's also a very lazy attitude - what? Asking someone else to sort your life out for you and all you offer in return is a prayer?

Religion is also conditioning and, i believe, a form of child abuse. So, if you're comparing religion and gender-neutrality...

Basically, no one is 'right' if you drill fown far enough. However, until clothing is invented that is truly gender-neutral i.e. doesn't display either feminine or masculine characteristics so those who claim to be neither can wear them... the jury is still out fot me. As i've said before, there are only 2 genders - everything else is just on the spectrum in between.

[quote=Cyclone;11723013

[/color]

What specific behaviour do gay couples have to exhibit that straight couples don't?

Nothing to do with straight,I was asked about a gay couple but I will answer your question,if I was sat in a pub and 2 gays started getting amorous I would either tell them to calm it or I would move...........and the same goes for a straight couple.

As i've said before, there are only 2 genders - everything else is just on the spectrum in between.

That's like saying there are only two colours, red and violet, and everything else is on a spectrum in between. The reality is there is a spectrum and red and violet are just two points on that spectrum. Similarly, there is a gender spectrum and male and female are the labels given to two particular points on that spectrum. Unlike colours which are defined using physical properties, society's ideas about exactly where those two points lie changes with time.

That's like saying there are only two colours, red and violet, and everything else is on a spectrum in between. The reality is there is a spectrum and red and violet are just two points on that spectrum. Similarly, there is a gender spectrum and male and female are the labels given to two particular points on that spectrum. Unlike colours which are defined using physical properties, society's ideas about exactly where those two points lie changes with time.

Hmmmm... not so sure. The problem is, for all of thos multitude of different genders, they still either fall down on male and female to some degree.

Using your point of colour - you have a red crayon and a blue crayon. You mix the colours, you will only get derivitives of those 2 colours. To change the colour palette you have to introduce another colour. There is no third gender to add to the male/female palette, so the derivitives will only ever be on a male/female spectrum. You will get different levels of each, but still only a palette made up of 2 'colours'.