Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Guest makapaka
You're like a walking talking look back into the 1950's.

---------- Post added 26-08-2017 at 22:45 ----------

I don't think feminism says anything about being a mother or having a career, but what it does say is that women should be free to choose either, or perhaps even both (after all, men get to be fathers AND have a career). Not that we're talking about feminism here, we're talking about the social conditioning that is pushed onto both girls and boys, and how it's a self perpetuating stereotype that causes harm to some people where the stereotype doesn't fit their natural inclination.

At least you now accept that conditioning exists, although you don't seem to understand why it's not helpful for individuals or for society.

Are you saying women don't get be mothers and have a career? I'm not aware of that restriction.

So social conditioning is pushed onto boys and girls? So what is the solution - what do you want to see happening? Boys being girls / girls being boys - are you Damon Albarn?

some people where the stereotype doesn't fit their natural inclination.

Calling people who don't fit some idiotic gender stereotype associated with their biological sex 'gender fluid' is surely just saying that one gender is one way and another is another way - which is rubbish! Everyone is different. Enjoying typically 'female' things sometimes as a male doesn't make you 'gender fluid', it makes you an individual who likes certain things. No need to stick a silly label on it.

I didn't claim that it did. To quote my entire sentence;

Not that we're talking about feminism here, we're talking about the social conditioning that is pushed onto both girls and boys, and how it's a self perpetuating stereotype that causes harm to some people where the stereotype doesn't fit their natural inclination.

This was a comment about social conditioning, not an explanation of what gender fluid meant.