Anyone here from Attercliffe?

i was born in attercliffe, (1970) lived just off staniforth road on palmer street (near where alltools is), then moved into grandads house on ilkley road on firth park so mum could look after him in his dying days, then moved back to attercliffe about 1972, lived on Frances street (which i think is where telewest is now) went to hunstmans gardens school, then moved to hillsborough when i was 4 and a half

I had a friend who lived on Palmer Street (born 1969) her surname is/was 'Beard' her parents were called Cliff and Pat. Would you or your family have known them? Think they moved to Pitsmoor mid 70's

Yes thats right, Amos Stuart. If you remember anything else about him or his family, he had a few brothers and sisters and I think his parents came from near Birch Road/Harriet Street. They were coal merchants and his mother had a fruit shop. Was researching family tree so got some information but just like to know what they was like or any old photo's.

thank you for your help.

hi joanl

glad your keeping in touch with your roots do you miss the old attercliffe

if so a few eatra books you might like to read weez me dad ,

werw sparrows cough,the last green bottle,

dancing on the cobbles by frank hartley

regard aj

Thanks for that, I shall make a note of them. I miss the Attercliffe I knew yes and the people that were around me then.I remember how it was as if it was yesterday....but last time I went through, by the time I recognised something, we had moved onto the next bit.

joan

Originally Posted by lazyherbert View Post

Do you remember the Malkins on Princess St.?

I am one of the Malkins of Princess Street we lived there from the 30's through to the 60's.

My fathers family lived in Princess St in the 30's surname Kay, my Dad was Joe- ring any bells?

Hi

My grandparents and their kids lived in Princess Street from at least 1912 until 1937. George Saville Ward and Lucy Addy were my grandparents, Jessie and George Ward were their children and Nelly was the daughter of Lucy by another chap - Walter Mason. Any help much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

my parents were both from attercliffe and trying to trace our family tree, my dad is george farmer his parents and siblings lived there on Steadfast Street and my mum was Shirley Beadsley, brother Roy and sister Jean. If anyone has any memories of them let me know please, my dad is 72 and sadly my mum passed away ten year ago at 57.