Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

Broughton Inn,Filesmith's,Lampool,Amberley, Salutation,gate,Hilltop,Tramcar,Golden ball,Greyhound,Travellers, Coach and Horses,Station,Kings Head,Queens Head,Horse and Jockey.Dog and Partridge. All the pubs ( from memory ) from Broughton Lane to Staniforth Road. Go on then I will add the Carlton. Not a bad night out eh ?

Broughton Inn,Filesmith's,Lampool,Amberley, Salutation,gate,Hilltop,Tramcar,Golden ball,Greyhound,Travellers, Coach and Horses,Station,Kings Head,Queens Head,Horse and Jockey.Dog and Partridge. All the pubs ( from memory ) from Broughton Lane to Staniforth Road. Go on then I will add the Carlton. Not a bad night out eh ?

Does anyone remember the Hannan's that had the Queens Head in the 70's?

I had my 21st birthday in the Queens Head in 1975. A very good night. There was a family called Hannan that lived on Ripon Street, don't know if it's the same family.

Not sure if they ever lived on Ripon Street, but before they took the Queens, they kept the Fox on Shirland Lane.

still trying to find anyone who might know my parents, george farmer lived with his parents on steadfast st, brother Arthur, sisters Annie, Helen (Elizabeth) Elisie, My mums maiden name was Beadsley her mum was Averhilda, sister Jean who married Tom Askham and brother Roy who married Shirley, my mum worked at whymans for quite some time.

Hope to hear from someone who remembers them

Hi there, my first post on this site!

I was born in Ferneough St. in 1955... and went to Woodboune Rd school before moving 'up' tp Beaver Hill.. and then 'down'.. to Pipworth Road School as we moved onto the Manor Est.

This site has brought back sooo many memories! and funny enough.. all good ones, how strange considering what we went through...

Memoreis.. playing on rhubarb island off Broad Oaks, playing and swimming in Excuse the spelling its been a long old time calveryshore pond? on the slag heaps between Attercliffe and Manor.

My pals Steven flynn, Lynn Rogers (who I fancied like mad), Burton boys? Margaret who lived by the 'Rads' .... god its all coming back now!

Hi there, my first post on this site!

I was born in Ferneough St. in 1955... and went to Woodboune Rd school before moving 'up' tp Beaver Hill.. and then 'down'.. to Pipworth Road School as we moved onto the Manor Est.

This site has brought back sooo many memories! and funny enough.. all good ones, how strange considering what we went through...

Memoreis.. playing on rhubarb island off Broad Oaks, playing and swimming in Excuse the spelling its been a long old time calveryshore pond? on the slag heaps between Attercliffe and Manor.

My pals Steven flynn, Lynn Rogers (who I fancied like mad), Burton boys? Margaret who lived by the 'Rads' .... god its all coming back now!

Hello Ron, My Grandma and Grandad lived in Fearnehough Street, with my auntie Kath, there names were Minnie and Edward Butt, can't remember what number they lived at but I think they lived near you. Steven Flynn is married to someone I used to work with and I see Lynn Rogers a lot, she lives in Hillsborough. We lived on Cottingham Street until 1966, you are a year younger than me.

Archived