Anyone here from Attercliffe?

hey any one remember going on the 69 bus service through the cliffe, there used to be an old barbers shop near the junction with weedon street... next door to that a newsagents .... if u sat on the top deck of the bus u could see the top shelve magazines.... bliss at 12 yers old!! ....enuf mans eyes used to turn ... trus!!!

hi linda 2

rothwells must have taken shop to save his sweet supply after bright st what i remember of

your dad he would have up set if he new but the sweets we great.did i read on one of your postings that you know somebody that does a paper on coleridge rd school,would like to trace some of my old class mates 1950/54 regards aj

hi carbrook lad , yes bright st was a laugh ,i will be seeing trevor bamforth tonight at a meeting

i remember the reck i used to hide in when mam was on the warpath, proper tom boy i was

i will pm ann sapcotes number she and hubby roger run the coleridge old schools association

i never got to coleridge rd ,dadthought a good catholic upbringing would be better for me (didnt work ) our sue and florence went though

linda2

I was born in Cottingham Street. Number 54, I think. The house got blasted by a land mine or bomb during the blitz. We escaped to the cellar of a neighbour's house - they were called Gleadall, I think.

I have a cutting from the letter page of the Star sent by Roy V. Johnson of Stradbroke Road.

Cravens target for luftwaffe.

The bomb hit Ribston road just 200 yards from Cravens on Sunday 15th.December. His house and several others were destroyed in the raid. They were rescued by Tommy Powell a very brave man who got them out via the cellar grate urging them to hurry as there was a UBX in the middle of the road.

I´m proud to say Tommy Powell was my uncle who lived near. I have met a man here in Spain called Cleve and he told me he was rescued as baby from the cellar of a house on Clair Road. He has a sister called Janet.

hi carbrook lad, it was carbrook reck on bright street

i used to pay round the back of the pheasant with norman

our sue/ann (florence) are older alan is younger .sue is 62 ann is 60 i am 57 alan is 55

linda2

The Carbrook rec was never on Bright Street, it'd have meant the park relocating to the other side of the Attercliffe common:- Carbroook rec was on Terry Street immediately behind Carbrook School

I know I'm not going daft either.

Carbrook rec was never on Bright Street. Ever since there was a Carbrook rec, it was always at the top of Terry Street, on the far side of Carbrook school, about a hundred yards from my Grandpa's house. It was Carbrook Rec when my mum, her brother and her sisters played on it, in the 1940s and 50s, and it was Carbrook Rec when me, my sister and my cousin played on it in the 1960s and 70s.

The council turned it into "Don Valley Bowl" when they did the arena etc.