Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

Hi Porsche

My husbands aunt and uncle Bert Hadden owned the Railway on Princess Street and he seems to think that they were owned by Firth Browns as all ther carters went into the Railway at dinnertime for a pint and the Horses and Drays stayed outside the pub. my husbands uncle arthur worked for Firth Browns and he was a carter himself he used to go in the railway at dinnertimes.

regards jules

I was a friend of Eileen their daughter, she had an older brother, I think his name was Ken. I remember the lovely birthday parties she had, kids from around Princess Street were invited, we were all asked to bring our own cup and plate. I saw Eileen a few years ago she looked great, it brought back some happy memories for us both.

I alway's knew the rec on Terry street as 'Terry Street rec' and yes there was a little rec on bright street. I also remember a pub on there but cant for the life of me think of its name. before anyone says it was the 'White Swan' it wasnt. This pub was on the right hand side and you went up a couple of steps to get in. ( Or I'm going bonker's )

I used to hang around with some lads you will all probably know ie Goeff Peacock, Malcom Keyworth Dennis Gervis, Steve and Mick Flowers, Freddy Gregg, Keith Liversidge, Tony Smith. Pete Walker.Anyone know any of them ?

I alway's knew the rec on Terry street as 'Terry Street rec' and yes there was a little rec on bright street. I also remember a pub on there but cant for the life of me think of its name. before anyone says it was the 'White Swan' it wasnt. This pub was on the right hand side and you went up a couple of steps to get in. ( Or I'm going bonker's )

I used to hang around with some lads you will all probably know ie Goeff Peacock, Malcom Keyworth Dennis Gervis, Steve and Mick Flowers, Freddy Gregg, Keith Liversidge, Tony Smith. Pete Walker.Anyone know any of them ?

hi sharkw

sorry i dont remember pub name also but a few of the names bring back memories geof peacock did he live melville rd ,kieth liversidge

did he live on common not seen any of these lad since left carbrook1962regard aj

Hi Carbrook Lad. Yes geoff Peacock lived on Melville and Keith Liversidge lived on Clifton street. I still see Geoff now and again sadly, mostly at weddings and funerals. I may be wrong about the pub coz It was a long time ago and I could be mistaken. The Phillimore road school and Carbrook School mob all merged at Coleridge Road school. I was one of them.

Shark

Hi Carbrook Lad. Yes geoff Peacock lived on Melville and Keith Liversidge lived on Clifton street. I still see Geoff now and again sadly, mostly at weddings and funerals. I may be wrong about the pub coz It was a long time ago and I could be mistaken. The Phillimore road school and Carbrook School mob all merged at Coleridge Road school. I was one of them.

Shark

hi sharkw

did you go to colleridge rd school because other names seem

to ring a bell malk keywoth seem to knowhis sister lindi have heard of renions and waiting reply from lady that writes news letter,

would be nice to see some o the old school friend as lindi said gives us aclue who talking to regards ajl

Yes I went to Coleridge road School Carbrook lad. It depends how old you are if you know me or not ( coz i'm an old fogey nah ) But I used to hang around with mates like Dennis gervis and Geoff Peacock. I come from the top end of coleridge road up near phillimore Road. Where do you originate from Carbrook Lad ?

Archived