Anyone here from Attercliffe?

brooksy

i was browsing this site and discovered that the Schultz's you referred to are my great grandparents who sadly died when i was quite young i would be greatful for any info on them! i think that the women you mentioned were my great aunts Marie and Moyra (moyra had a speech impediment which gave the impression that she may have had learning difficulties) their dad was fred and the mum Louis. It would be great to hear from anyone who has any memories of them.

i used to have Dr Atwell on barnadiston road at darnall

from when i was born in smith street.till i left the area

and moved up arbourthorne.

rossingtons bazzar. blimey that was a shop and a half. lol sold all

sorts.. hardware/knick knacks lol

i used to go to the dentist by the side of the adelphi.

then mum took me in bingo after for the afternoon session..lol

thinking of the shops below the school to broughton lane..i can remember...

a police box thingy.a chemist.the tuck shop.cross carltonville rd..

post office/pork shop,2 women served wasan't they german.?(shultzers)

dianas sweet shop.whymans a cycle shop.a butchers the butchers had shiney black tiles on it..lol

all the shops from broughton lane to staniforth road both sides.:o

i never knew there was a town..it took us all day to walk up one side

and back down the other..

not counting the pubs.:o

cheryl

Anyone know anything about the above pub in Milford Street, just off the Attercliffe Road. Relatives of mine ran it in the 1950s-`1960s. I know it is still there as I saw it last year but sadly the relatives in question have long gone. Thank you

Yes I went to Coleridge road School Carbrook lad. It depends how old you are if you know me or not ( coz i'm an old fogey nah ) But I used to hang around with mates like Dennis gervis and Geoff Peacock. I come from the top end of coleridge road up near phillimore Road. Where do you originate from Carbrook Lad ?

hi sharkw

i was at coleridge rd school 1950/54 lived on carltonville rd till

1962/3(coz im a old geezer to)some of my mates kieth bower, gordon hancock all from carbrook/bright st and the common

names and faces change with the years regards aj

The pub you are thinking of Addy is the "Wentorth House" as that is the only one there now. It was my local for years.The landlord and Lady were Joan and Richard ( Dickie ) Bates. the best couple I have ever met. The only other pub that was on Milford Street was the " Fitzwilliam" and that was run ( at the time) by Georgie Dawn .

You are a 'tad' older than me Carbrook Lad but I may be able to 'invoke' some memories for you. Do you remember the 'Henshaws' and Brian Ferreday or maybe the Hindmarshes and do you remember a lad called Tony Coleman ? I am off to see him this morning.

Thanks for this. Yes, it is the Wentworth I am connected with. The link is through my uncle dick and his wife Bertha but I think the pub was run by Bertha's daughter. We would be talking about 1950-1970 ish I would think. Addy

hi sharkw

yes i remember henshaws, i am shore brian ferreday was in my class,hindmarshes also rings a bell,did you a big lad called doug hall also the bennet bros tony coleman name seems

to ring a bell also would be nice if possible to see an old school class register

regards aj

Archived