The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

I guess that £20bn has to come from somewhere, 'cos it ain't coming from any savings of Brexit:-

Taxes will rise to pay for NHS boost

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44555400

"Brexit dividend" slogan quietly dropped :P

...doesn't look good for the armed forces tho:-

May asked defence minister to justify UK status as 'tier one' military power

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-defence-may/may-asked-defence-minister-to-justify-uk-status-as-tier-one-military-power-ft-idUKKBN1JH0HT

i like this bit from the shadow spokesman

John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor, has just responded to Mr Hammond's comments:

"Just 12 months ago Theresa May claimed the only way voters can be sure their taxes won't rise was to vote Conservative, but it seems Philip Hammond didn't get the message.

"It is scandalous that the chancellor is still planning to go ahead with billions of pounds in tax giveaways to big business and a wealthy few over this parliament, but now suggests he will raise taxes on low and middle earners at the same time to pay for the Tory made crisis in our health and social care system.

i wholeheartedly agree

---------- Post added 21-06-2018 at 18:10 ----------

Which is why the Euro has been a disaster, for Greece, Spain and Italy particularly.

and for all the banging on from leavers about Sovereignty we had enough say over our own country to say no, stuff that :suspect:

I guess that £20bn has to come from somewhere, 'cos it ain't coming from any savings of Brexit:-

Taxes will rise to pay for NHS boost

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44555400

"Brexit dividend" slogan quietly dropped :P

A Conservative tax bombshell

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2015/apr/03/the-10-best-british-political-posters#img-6

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-44568019

The true reason why xenophobia is on the rise is because white working class communities are lazy and lack self motivation compared to migrant ones. Sounds like jealousy and envy when they under achieve in life.

To be honest and I'm a leaver. I would stay if Unification happened, taxes were the same benefits too, But hay that's a pipe dream, is it not?

No it is not, The young generation wants this to happen, by the time they are in power they will push for this. It makes too much sense not to, especially in a world that is slipping back into nationalist bulwarks under the inspired guidance of billionaire men in their seventies.

The chairmen of both Dutch liberal junior parties recently petitioned all Dutch MEPs to find a solution to the Italian crisis through unification. This isn't the first time, these signals are constant. In other words, by the time they take charge (and history suggests some of them will) this is going to be on the top of the agenda.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-44568019

The true reason why xenophobia is on the rise is because white working class communities are lazy and lack self motivation compared to migrant ones. Sounds like jealousy and envy when they under achieve in life.

I’m not sure that’s fair.

I grew up in a deprived area and the feeling through the 70s and 80s was of being under siege. That’s never gone away. Some places have been left to rot. A lot of people in the communities just want a break from that cycle.

It’s not surprising that they want change, but that they are not equipped to do it themselves. That is where populists step in to offer the earth and easy change.

They’ve been duped but what else was on offer.

Brexit has led to increased funding for the NHS, promised by both major parties.

Brexit has led to increased wages and less unemployment.

Brexit caused the departures of both Cameron and Osbourne.

Brexit is a peoples revolt against the establishment.

These things are what's great about Brexit.

Brexit hasn't happened yet - so is this your crystal ball working overtime again?

The NHS hasn't got any increased funding yet - perhaps yet another lie?

The vote to leave caused Cameron to leave, May caused Osborne to leave.

Brexit was a vote of ignorance and lies over pragmatism

Can we tomorrow's numbers please?

Airbus warns no-deal Brexit could see it leave UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44570931

This follows prior warnings that manufacturing in the UK will suffer. No doubt this is project fear though, Boris said so and he is an expert and a nice chap cause he was on the telly a lot.

Any organisation with a complicated supply chain is going to suffer, hell, even the quintessential British Burberry has most of its production in Europe.

Airbus leaving would be a disaster in itself, but replicated many times over would be utter catastrophe.

You can’t easily replace those engineering skills or the infrastructure.

When is this utter insanity going to stop.

It’s so depressing.

Projects,partnerships and protocols built up over many years are being put at severe risk as being “the will of the people”.

We are supposed to accept the bland assurances of the U.K. negotiators that acceptable agreements will be reached in a matter of months.

Meanwhile any business must plan for the future.

Unfortunately many politicians only look towards the next election.

It’s so depressing.

Projects,partnerships and protocols built up over many years are being put at severe risk as being “the will of the people”.

We are supposed to accept the bland assurances of the U.K. negotiators that acceptable agreements will be reached in a matter of months.

I think Airbus is saying a matter of months is too late, hence why contingency plans to exit the uk are now being put into play.

I think Airbus is saying a matter of months is too late, hence why contingency plans to exit the uk are now being put into play.

This is the thing which most Brextremists and even many Remainers just aren't getting.

Modern industry (rather than trade) is highly complex and change takes time. This takes even more time when relocation is involved as moving people (or more often sacking people and hiring replacements) is not as easy as building a factory. At best it takes months but more usually years. And in the meantime productivity is greatly restricted.

Does anyone seriously think that the shareholders of these companies are just going to sit around watching their profits fall while they wait for the clowns in Downing Street to come up with a plan?