The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42231497

sounds like May cant even get a phonecall going between her and her "friends" the DUP

also Ian Duncan Smith acts tough and says walk away, while a tory collegue says no

But Tory MP and former cabinet minister, Nicky Morgan, said his comments were "madness" and walking away would "betrays the futures of millions of young people and those who never wanted to leave in the first place".
Edited by melthebell

It's the will of the English, bouyed up by a cabal of billionaires who will profit nicely from dodging the forthcoming EU Anti Tax-Avoidance Directive.

Indeed, hasn't gone un-noticed:-

http://www.thejist.co.uk/politics/uk/eu-tax-evasion-regulation-reason-brexit-referendum/

might not go as planned though:-

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/dec/05/eu-blacklist-names-17-tax-havens-and-puts-caymans-and-jersey-on-notice

No they don't, as far as I'm aware pensions are still funded from the NI contributions pot which is still in the black and will be for a while yet. The projection however is that the NI pot may run dry sometime around 2030-35 maybe sooner.

I thought it was. Either way, if the pot isn't enough to meet future spending commitments then they are unfunded (although underfunded might be a better way to describe it).

No they don't, as far as I'm aware pensions are still funded from the NI contributions pot which is still in the black and will be for a while yet. The projection however is that the NI pot may run dry sometime around 2030-35 maybe sooner.

Pensions are funded from NI each year. The scheme is unfunded which means there is nothing backing it except what can be collected every year.

The projection is going to have to be reworked, and I think the Brexit-backing pensioners should be first in line to volunteer to make sacrifices. They overwhelmingly backed Brexit so should be prepared to deal with the consequences.

---------- Post added 05-12-2017 at 22:25 ----------

Been down this road before but who said that ?

There’s no extra money for the NHS.

It was just a lie.

Pensions are funded from NI each year. The scheme is unfunded which means there is nothing backing it except what can be collected every year.

The projection is going to have to be reworked, and I think the Brexit-backing pensioners should be first in line to volunteer to make sacrifices. They overwhelmingly backed Brexit so should be prepared to deal with the consequences.

---------- Post added 05-12-2017 at 22:25 ----------

There’s no extra money for the NHS.

It was just a lie.

There will be extra money for the NHS . Stop being a nasty ,little scaremonger . Or should I just say stop being nasty