Will you change political allegiance?

I think that's why we need PR.

Back in the day there were only 2 parties, then along came the Liberals. And that was it.

Now we have at least 5 parties which means the big parties can get in with about a third of the vote. Leaving two thirds of the population unrepresented.

Proportional Representation (PR) would solve that.

Er no. Actually the new upstarts are Labour. The Liberals have been around about three times as long...

Er no. Actually the new upstarts are Labour. The Liberals have been around about three times as long...

Yes I know, (as Whigs or Liberals?) but as they haven't won an election for nearly 100 years, I think we can simplify it by saying Labour and Conservative are the two main parties.

I think that's why we need PR.

Back in the day there were only 2 parties, then along came the Liberals. And that was it.

Now we have at least 5 parties which means the big parties can get in with about a third of the vote. Leaving two thirds of the population unrepresented.

Proportional Representation (PR) would solve that.

Well actually, it was Conservatives and Liberals who were around. Then Labour appeared and for a while it only had one MP, Keir Hardie.

Completely agree with you that we need PR.

Completely agree with you that we need PR.

But why would either of the two main political parties support PR if it puts them at a political disadvantage? :confused:

I would vote Labour if Corbyn and the odious Abbott crawled under a stone for good.

But why would either of the two main political parties support PR if it puts them at a political disadvantage? :confused:

When ever PR was put to any kind of vote in Westminster, Corbyn was absent.

I could vote any one and it wouldn't make a difference. This ward has been Labour since it was created in 1983.

And the ward it replaced was Labour since 1931.

I would vote Labour if Corbyn and the odious Abbott crawled under a stone for good.

Corbyn is a lot better than ed Miliband. You rather get someone else like Miliband in there?

Noticed the IRA & Corbyn theme made a comeback yesterday. Desperate stuff.

Strange thing is the Tories actually have an ex-IRA member in their ranks. She's been a councillor in Croydon for about 15 years, and was allowed to remain as a party member even after her past was uncovered in 2008.

If any Tory attacks Corbyn for pursuing peace in NI just remind them the the Tories have an ex-IRA gun runner in their ranks.

Edited by I1L2T3

Corbyn is a lot better than ed Miliband. You rather get someone else like Miliband in there?

Bring back David Miliband.

But do you like Labour's policies?

If you prefer them to the Tory's then vote Labour.

But do you like Labour's policies?

If you prefer them to the Tory's then vote Labour.

Labour has been split for a while with two sides, that's why all that pushing and pulling with Corbyn who used to be a supporter of tony Benn.

Corbyn actually voted to not enter EU in seventies and it is said he still questions certain but not all aspects of being a member of EU. That is why he doesn't cry like Theresa may does when the word brexit comes up.