Liberal democrat broadcast.

I didnt get what it was getting at.They still seem to believe they can overturn brexit.Strange.:huh:

I don't think so. They want a referendum on the terms of our exit. If all the predictions made by the Leave campaign come to fruition, there is nothing to worry about (for them) but if we end up with a hard brexit that damages the UK's economy and leaves us worse off, people should have the opportunity to say no.

I think Tim Farron is a bit of a plonker to be honest. He looks like a schoolboy and has no gravitas whatsoever. It's a pity cos LibDems used to be my party and I actually think Nick Clegg did quite a good job when he was deputy PM; a moderating influence if nothing else.

The U turn over student fees did for Clegg, but I think he was manipulated by Cameron and the Tories, who ultimately stabbed him in the back at the first opportunity.

Great pity.

The Lib Dems now just smack of desperation.

This tuition fee saga is a bit pathetic really, isn't it? Labour and Tories reverse promises and pledges all the time and get away with it continuously, all LibDems are remembered for (allegedly) is this one instance where the coalition forced them into a reversal.

We are having a general election, which should have been a referendum, because that is what May wants, just to talk about Brexit and give no promises break.

Personally, I don't think she's doing very well. I don't think this is going to be the landslide she was hoping for.

Please dont expect them to legalise cannabis if they are not the biggest party ;)

Surely nobody is stupid enough to ever expect any party to be able to deliver an election pledge if they don't get the mandate to do so? I can't believe any voters can be that thick.

Has anyone just watched the Linder party broadcast on BBC 1?

After the second time of repeating itself I had had enough and had to turn it off!

Very annoying.

Is this the broadcast they've already shown twice? I agree about Farron Anna, he does come over as a bit of a div.

This tuition fee saga is a bit pathetic really, isn't it? Labour and Tories reverse promises and pledges all the time and get away with it continuously, all LibDems are remembered for (allegedly) is this one instance where the coalition forced them into a reversal.

I was hoping they would be held to a higher standard and they proved they were just as bad as the other two.

I was hoping they would be held to a higher standard and they proved they were just as bad as the other two.

How? Some fixate on one of their pledges but they were not in power, it was a coalition and even if they wanted it to go ahead, they could not due to the number of MP's they had. Being a junior partner in government does not mean they can get everything they want.

What people should remember is how EVERYONES personal tax allowance has shot up since the LibDems pushed it through. Our personal tax allowances only went up by £2430 in the 13 Labour government years between 1997 and 2010. It then went up by £4125 in the 7 years between 2010 and now. This was a LibDem manifesto pledge that initially the Conservatives balked at.

How? Some fixate on one of their pledges but they were not in power, it was a coalition and even if they wanted it to go ahead, they could not due to the number of MP's they had. Being a junior partner in government does not mean they can get everything they want.

What people should remember is how EVERYONES personal tax allowance has shot up since the LibDems pushed it through. Our personal tax allowances only went up by £2430 in the 13 Labour government years between 1997 and 2010. It then went up by £4125 in the 7 years between 2010 and now. This was a LibDem manifesto pledge that initially the Conservatives balked at.

I could appreciate they werent going to get everything they wanted but this appeared to be their cornerstone, a line in the sand. They crossed it and didnt seem to care until the almighty **** storm that followed. Yes, they were, in hindsight a steadying influence and brought through some intersting stuff but a lot of that ttrust had gone for me.