Be prepared for a shock - No triple lock = No vote.

So you said....

But in the same post you think divide and conquer is acceptable.

Irony much?

I take it that you consider that we are all in this together?

That there is common ground between employer and employee?

I am not talking here about people running small businesses, who are as much workers, as the people they employ.

When I refer to employers, I mean capitalism, draining the lifeblood from the wealth creators.

Capitalism was founded on a false premise in the 18th century, and is still destroying people today, but on a far greater scale than the South Sea Company ever did.

If you don't like it feel free to sod off to a more agreeable country.

I'm sure you'll love it in North Korea.

Most pensioners these days are relatively well off; I'm not saying rich, but not exactly struggling, so its about time governments stopped pandering to them.

Most pensioners these days are relatively well off; I'm not saying rich, but not exactly struggling, so its about time governments stopped pandering to them.

M&S Foodhall on Fargate is like God's waiting room in the mornings :hihi:

I'd like to see where you get this information from.

The fact remains that there is still a significant number of retired people reliant on state pension and benefits. It is these people who will suffer should state pensions not keep up with inflation.

As with any non-means tested income it would also be more expensive to implement a system whereby only those dependent on triple-locked rises to keep pace with inflation would receive these rises.

I take it that you consider that we are all in this together?

No. Please don't put words into my mouth.

The answer to my question - is it no ironic that it's OK for you to practice divide and conquer but others cannot?

I'd like to see where you get this information from.

The fact remains that there is still a significant number of retired people reliant on state pension and benefits. It is these people who will suffer should state pensions not keep up with inflation.

As with any non-means tested income it would also be more expensive to implement a system whereby only those dependent on triple-locked rises to keep pace with inflation would receive these rises.

But that's not being changed. The only part that is being removed is the 2.5% top up guarantee if inflation and wages rises are lower than that. So even if inflation and wage growth is 0% people on a state pension get an extra 2.5%. To me this is wrong. It was wrong when it brought in by the coalition to win votes, and it's wrong now with Labour using it to win votes.

Governments will keep pandering to them as they make up the biggest majority that will actually vote, however, some things need to be taken into account. Less than 50% of pensioners get the full state pension and around the same level also rely on just a state pension alone as they have no other income. Most pensioners already have the necessities of life and dont need to spend on things they dont need or want. The very pensioners that are now criticized are the ones that worked without much health and safety, lived in bad condition's, were taxed to the hit, suffered through high inflation and helped rebuild the country after the war. Doing all that that gave the younger generation the lifestyle they now enjoy. Young people today would run a mile and cry foul if that happened to them today.

Why not just have a decent government that cared for the health and well being of ALL its people, instead of creating unrest and division?

It is not much to ask is it?

Since only 24% voted Tory, they only need to appeal to a minority.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/usvsth3m/victory-most-people-dont-actually-5667728

The very pensioners that are now criticized are the ones that worked without much health and safety, lived in bad condition's, were taxed to the hit, suffered through high inflation and helped rebuild the country after the war.

The war ended 72 years ago, the vast majority of pensioners now grew up in the post war country.

They enjoyed ever increasing workplace health and safety, ever increasing living standards and ever increasing population growth.

They are the baby boomers, their parents fought the war and their parents cleared up immediately afterwards.

Sheffield has lots of 50's & 60's era council estates, these might not be much now but at the time they were lovely fresh houses for people to move into.

Edited by geared

The war ended 72 years ago, the vast majority of pensioners now grew up in the post war country.

They enjoyed ever increasing workplace health and safety, ever increasing living standards and ever increasing population growth.

They are the baby boomers, their parents fought the war and their parents cleared up immediately afterwards.

Sheffield has lots of 50's & 60's era council estates, these might not be much now but at the time they were lovely fresh houses for people to move into.

There should be plenty to go around, after the last of that section of the age pyramid starts pushing up daisies. They're all 72+ this year ;)