Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday 26/12/16

top4718

We took the **** when we were better than them for a good few years, their turn now, let's not bite too much!

Not that we really made anything of it, wonder if Wednesday will make a better show of their time as a half decent side and actually get themselves into the top flight and stay there, about time one of us did. Respectable finishes in the Championship without actually going up can be pretty lacklustre.

Can see a win for Wednesday on boxing day.

We took the **** when we were better than them for a good few years, their turn now, let's not bite too much!

Not that we really made anything of it, wonder if Wednesday will make a better show of their time as a half decent side and actually get themselves into the top flight and stay there, about time one of us did. Respectable finishes in the Championship without actually going up can be pretty lacklustre.

Can see a win for Wednesday on boxing day.

I disagree, the Premier League is not the promised land that it looks from a distance but rather a greed infested potential hell where only the super rich teams can really compete and the fans are way down the priority list.

Give me a good season at the top of the Championship any day.

The owls will be up for this FF & Banan will more than likely back for this so surely will be making a game of it.

We all know Newcastle or the best team in the league But the owls won't be taken lightly either so who knows...

WAWAW

Serious question, but won't take you lightly based on what? Are we talking about the potential and the match winners in the squad? ....Because you haven't really done much against top 6 opposition this season really have you to be fair? (And that isn't a dig or baiting, but an observation based on results ).

The only real convincing and clear cut win came at Wolves who are a team who you would expect to beat handsomely....However......When I watched you against huudersfield you shared that on the day, against the likes of Preston and Barnsley you had a very tough day.....And when you have come up against such rivals and contenders and Leeds, reading, derby etc....You've flopped.

If you did beating Newcastle then I would take my hat off to you.......Not only due to league position, but because the have shown that they have what it takes it 3 pointers....They have convincingly beat Leeds, reading, Brighton and derby...A couple of those on their own patch.

As pointed out, Newcastle had a wobble and then bounced straight back with a 4-0 hammering of birmingham...8 goals in their last 3 games......When they turn it on they could easily embarrass most teams in that league......With that squad they are a top flight team playing in the league below.

If you pull it off then like I said fair play....But with all of the above in mind I am obviously going to go with form and instinct.

Serious question, but won't take you lightly based on what? Are we talking about the potential and the match winners in the squad? ....Because you haven't really done much against top 6 opposition this season really have you to be fair? (And that isn't a dig or baiting, but an observation based on results ).

The only real convincing and clear cut win came at Wolves who are a team who you would expect to beat handsomely....However......When I watched you against huudersfield you shared that on the day, against the likes of Preston and Barnsley you had a very tough day.....And when you have come up against such rivals and contenders and Leeds, reading, derby etc....You've flopped.

If you did beating Newcastle then I would take my hat off to you.......Not only due to league position, but because the have shown that they have what it takes it 3 pointers....They have convincingly beat Leeds, reading, Brighton and derby...A couple of those on their own patch.

As pointed out, Newcastle had a wobble and then bounced straight back with a 4-0 hammering of birmingham...8 goals in their last 3 games......When they turn it on they could easily embarrass most teams in that league......With that squad they are a top flight team playing in the league below.

If you pull it off then like I said fair play....But with all of the above in mind I am obviously going to go with form and instinct.

Your instinct said we wouldn't make top 8 last season and you'd go up under Adkins, I wouldn't trust it too far.

To be honest I don't know why you don't get a ticket and go, never known a blade as obsessed with the Owls, were all Wednesday arn't we?

A rampant Newcastle would be frightening.

Wednesday haven't been close to being rampant this season.

We are capable of steamrolling anyone in this League, and one game, we'll prove it/start it.

Boxing Day could be that day.

Some games, if we'd put the chances away, we'd have had a few scores of 4s 5s and 6's.

Toon won't scare us, but they should be, and have been, a formidable force this season (albeit with a fragile defence from time to time)

Fingers crossed their fragility is prominent on Boxing Day.

A rampant Newcastle would be frightening.

Wednesday haven't been close to being rampant this season.

We are capable of steamrolling anyone in this League, and one game, we'll prove it/start it.

Boxing Day could be that day.

Some games, if we'd put the chances away, we'd have had a few scores of 4s 5s and 6's.

Toon won't scare us, but they should be, and have been, a formidable force this season (albeit with a fragile defence from time to time)

Fingers crossed their fragility is prominent on Boxing Day.

The thing is with this league, if we did manage to beat them (and its a big if) we could quite easily follow it up by a loss at Preston such is the competitiveness either way it won't make or break our season.

Serious question, but won't take you lightly based on what?

Whilst not based at me, the answer is fairly obvious. Of course they won't take us lightly - just because you sit top you don't rest on your laurels.

Regardless of our performances to date, we're 6th. 3 points off 3rd. If Newcastle took us lightly then they'd be silly. And I don't expect they will.

In the same way they probably didn't take Burton lightly at the weekend. Yes they won but it wasn't a canter. A professional team will do their homework and know they have a game. There's no question every team heading up there this season will look at raising their game

I can't see you losing this and think they'll be goals in this game. 2-2 score line. If you did beat them then I'd have to say you are promotion contenders/favourites.

You've been a funny side so far this season, three strong players up front who have played higher league football (possibly not FF) but any club would do well with Hooper, Fletcher and FF... This is not a dig in the slightest but are you under achieving so far this season? Do or have they all played a game at the same time, I know injuries and suspensions have played apart, but it is interesting to know.

Like I said, putting my neutral hat on... I do think you are under achieving at the moment but saying that, you might make a late surge.

This game could be your turning point if you win this and it's not impossible.