Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday 26/12/16

top4718

I can't see you losing this and think they'll be goals in this game. 2-2 score line. If you did beat them then I'd have to say you are promotion contenders/favourites.

You've been a funny side so far this season, three strong players up front who have played higher league football (possibly not FF) but any club would do well with Hooper, Fletcher and FF... This is not a dig in the slightest but are you under achieving so far this season? Do or have they all played a game at the same time, I know injuries and suspensions have played apart, but it is interesting to know.

Like I said, putting my neutral hat on... I do think you are under achieving at the moment but saying that, you might make a late surge.

This game could be your turning point if you win this and it's not impossible.

Like I said above winning or losing this game will not reflect in anyway on the season as a whole, FF has played briefly in the top flight but we have so far not had all three in full form and injury free at the same time and Hooper is out for a while yet.

We're in a decent 6th position so thanks for the compliment.

Can't believe what I hear,6th place and we're underachieving,we'd have prayed for this 2 years ago.

Exactly mate, a rich compliment. We'd have been happy with six from bottom a short few years ago.

A slight boost for us is that Shelvey is banned for the game, one of the Championships best playes.

Edited by top4718

Serious question, but won't take you lightly based on what? Are we talking about the potential and the match winners in the squad? ....Because you haven't really done much against top 6 opposition this season really have you to be fair? (And that isn't a dig or baiting, but an observation based on results ).

The only real convincing and clear cut win came at Wolves who are a team who you would expect to beat handsomely....However......When I watched you against huudersfield you shared that on the day, against the likes of Preston and Barnsley you had a very tough day.....And when you have come up against such rivals and contenders and Leeds, reading, derby etc....You've flopped.

If you did beating Newcastle then I would take my hat off to you.......Not only due to league position, but because the have shown that they have what it takes it 3 pointers....They have convincingly beat Leeds, reading, Brighton and derby...A couple of those on their own patch.

As pointed out, Newcastle had a wobble and then bounced straight back with a 4-0 hammering of birmingham...8 goals in their last 3 games......When they turn it on they could easily embarrass most teams in that league......With that squad they are a top flight team playing in the league below.

If you pull it off then like I said fair play....But with all of the above in mind I am obviously going to go with form and instinct.

I think it's a strange question to ask, Newcastle aren't unbeatable or the Messiahs of the Championship & to take it to be a given 3 points would be a mistake on thier part.

It's going to be a tough old game but to take us lightly on past games will be a big mistake.... " WAWAW.

Edited by owl.66

Can't believe what I hear,6th place and we're underachieving,we'd have prayed for this 2 years ago.

Exactly mate, a rich compliment. We'd have been happy with six from bottom a short few years ago.

A slight boost for us is that Shelvey is banned for the game, one of the Championships best playes.

In some ways it is a compliment. In terms of under achievement, when you look at the players you've signed (the front three) it is a slight under achievement, but that can change.

I think if you lose thus game I don't think it will make much difference but uf you win, I do think it will drive you on in the second half of the season.

In some ways it is a compliment. In terms of under achievement, when you look at the players you've signed (the front three) it is a slight under achievement, but that can change.

I think if you lose thus game I don't think it will make much difference but uf you win, I do think it will drive you on in the second half of the season.

Its still early days for the front three and they've hardly played together without injuries/suspensions playing a part, its a measure of how we've progressed when a rival fan thinks we should be higher than a very respectable 6th with less than half the season gone, thanks again.

It won't make much difference win or lose plenty of time to stand or fall after this game.

Brilliant news today Shelvey band for 5 games,so now we might have a better chance of either winning or getting a point against Newcastle

When did you hear that, because according to the Star at 12:42 today he could be playing.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/newcastle-united-s-jonjo-shelvey-banned-for-using-racially-aggravated-language-but-could-yet-feature-against-sheffield-wednesday-on-boxing-day-1-8298397