Newcastle v Sheffield Wednesday 26/12/16

top4718

Seen Newcastle play several times this season..........

Sen Wednesday play a few times this season.............

No competition in the slightest! Newcastle are way superior in every department on the pitch and will cut The Owls back four open with ease.

Boxing day disaster for The Owls (awaits yet another reference to the boxing day massacre).....

Newcastle 4 - 1 Wednesday

That's a top set of predictions GM.

Hope you didn't put too much money on though:)

Read today's paper,Westwood mom,where's that come from?:huh:

Their keeper kept the score respectable.

---------- Post added 27-12-2016 at 21:07 ----------

On a serious note I think Wednesday's strongest asset tonight was the counter attack which worked fantastically however superior? Really? You only had one more shot on target than the opponents however I will agree that had it not been for fantastic goalkeeping, you would have scored more than one.

Newcastle bossed possession but the majority of this was passing it around on the half way line and to be honest I found £10m superstar Gayle to have had a serious off day....he was very poor.

I do think the Newcastle found themselves on a couple of niggly ones in the first half however when you blatently look for them then you aren't helping yourselves and don't get them. I think I can think of 2 times in the first half where you genuinely found yourself off pace and players "took one for the team" so to speak, but never the less I don't think they we're dirty. After these Gayle in particular was throwing himself down.

Forestieri's pace was a huge threat and despite not scoring, I think he scared the Newcastle back four a bit....Same goes for Reach who when directly running with possession caused the opponents to panic a few times.

I don't think there was a great deal in it to be fair and the stats reflect this. The main factor being that Wednesday we're more clinical in the final third and the keeper had a fine game.

All in all...never the less a huge three points.

Forestieri was a bit off the pace to be honest,due to a lack of game time.When he's fit he's a lot quicker than he showed last night.

Forestieri was a bit off the pace to be honest,due to a lack of game time.When he's fit he's a lot quicker than he showed last night.

There was a clever ball played into the box and he stopped running,otherwise hed only the keeper to beat in 2nd half.That infuriated me at time,but as you quite rightly say,he looked a touch rusty.

There was a clever ball played into the box and he stopped running,otherwise hed only the keeper to beat in 2nd half.That infuriated me at time,but as you quite rightly say,he looked a touch rusty.

Did well for the goal though to unselfishly gift the ball to Loovens.

I've watched the game again and it was even better second time around, I like the way we almost totally controlled the 6mins added time, a time when the leagues most potent attack should have been throwing everything at us but created virtually nothing.

Thing is we always look capable of a goal and with Forestieri fully fit even more so.