Road Changes on Brook Hill/Western Bank Will Increase Congestion?

Zaphod

University want it and are paying for it.

And they did.

Exactly... this answers everything :hihi:

---------- Post added 06-09-2016 at 21:48 ----------

Since this thread will get read, and it's right on topic for a taxi journey I did the other day through this new section (neutral we know now). I want to hear all the taxis dislikers in here who say we take the long way around, or anyone else, answer this one.

Picked up on Winter St uni building, she said I pick up friend at IC then onto London Road.

Let see some routes from anyone!

I believe it will be easier to cross from Hounsfield Road to the Arts Tower, because many new pedestrian crossings will be added on Western Bank. The details are in the Universities "Campus Masterplan".

Why are more pedestrian crossings needed on western bank when western bank itself is built as an elevated flyover that pedestrians can walk under?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I surprised there hasn't been a furious reaction to the weeks debacle on Glossop Rd this week during afternoon times. Just how long can Stagecoach and First have brand new buses stood for 30+ minutes at a time just shuffling down Glossop Rd?

We counted 9 in total of 120's and 52(a) just sat the other day, not including the H1 bus we were sat on.

Surely something has to give soon.

Many thanks Sheffield University.....Not.

University want it and are paying for it.

That university is wrong. Its expanding and expanding but why does it all have to be THERE? its causing no end of traffic problems on what is a main arterial route. Why can't it locate things in other parts of the city?

Edited by Guest
Offensive phrase snipped