Sheffield star online

I have been taking the Star for fifty odd years .

Over the last couple of years the paper has deteriorated to such an extent that it is no longer worth the 70 pence per day price tag.

Today"s headlines featuring a local M.P.who must be short of causes to champion, and is follow up from yesterdays main feature on litter around the City.

So its repeat news following repeat news almost every day.

My question is ,is it possible to read the Star on line so as I can still do the crossword and read the hatched and dispatched pages along with the back page sport as these are the three things that I would miss if I stopped buying the paper.

Its website is at http://www.thestar.co.uk/news

I'm told it is the most expensive local paper in the North of England.

I don't buy the star anymore for a number of reasons one mainly is because I never see much about sheffield its usually pages of Rotherham, Doncaster or Barnsley and also the stuff that is in the paper is just uninteresting news it has changed a lot I think and really not as good as it used to be not worth 70p But I do buy the Telegraph on a thursday because I think that is good.

Also reading the star online is great I have it on Facebook and if the headline catches my eye I will click it and read it

The website is very basic and the app is almost unusable because of the amount of ads it has on it.

I have liked their Facebook page and set it to 'see first' so i see everything they post i see on the top of my Facebook timeline.

Id also recommend liking the 'Sheffield Online' Facebook page.

Never heard of an AD Blocker . ?

I use one ,and The Star runs perfectly without any adverts . Its lovely using the internet without adverts clogging up sites. You should download one

Thanks for your reply.

Many of the Star features seem to be re hatch of ones in other local rags.

P.S. do you pay for the on line version or not.

From September they will be charging a fee ,not 70p though, can't remember how much ,30 odd pence I believe.

I wish they'd extend the 'What's On' geographical area to include the Peak District and Derbyshire.

Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham and Doncaster are all very well but c'mon people, some of us want to head in the other direction at a weekend!

SHEFFIELD STAR - ARE YOU LISTENING? :D

Never heard of an AD Blocker . ?

I use one ,and The Star runs perfectly without any adverts . Its lovely using the internet without adverts clogging up sites. You should download one

Adverts are annoying yes, but to be fare, its the ads that keep things free to use.

I've now been blocked from posting comments on news stories in the online version, I wonder if it's because of my post on here? Anyone like to test my theory?

You don't get the Retro on line

You do on the online paper version......

...... No.

..... (answer too short).

You do not get the full Retro - only the odd article. Probably the only thing I really miss.