Sheffield star online

There is an app, you have to subscribe to it via iTunes

There is an app, the current version needs a subscription, but the original version of the tablet app was subscription free, if you can find it anywhere - it still works!

The Sheffield star online is terrible.

Bombarded by advertisements,surveys and it’s constantly crashing.

Pity really as I like trying to read the star online.

An app should be great but I don’t know if they have one ether.

I'm so pleased its not just me who thinks that the Star website is rubbish!

I'll let you know about the App!

---------- Post added 09-03-2018 at 17:24 ----------

I'll have a look at the subscription app, thanks guys!

Try "The Star"

---------- Post added 09-03-2018 at 18:40 ----------

The Star is a complete waste of time

---------- Post added 09-03-2018 at 18:42 ----------

you do not have to subscribe to itunes ,just type in "The Star" and you should get thru to the star newspaper ,(its rubbish)

the local rag has lost its much-maligned “ad-slinger” status when it recently removed the requirement to turn off your ad-blocker if you wished to browse the site.

A great advert for Sheffield, was that :)

the local rag has lost its much-maligned “ad-slinger” status when it recently removed the requirement to turn off your ad-blocker if you wished to browse the site.

A great advert for Sheffield, was that :)

You can't just read it...you have to register so I suspect your email box will be spammed instead..

You can't just read it...you have to register so I suspect your email box will be spammed instead..

I can't understand the mentality of it. Has any one ever responded positively to a pop up ad?

The Star website is always slow and can never keep up with modern news,you go on it late at night then the next morning it is still the same until about 12 o"clock in the afternoon,they need to improve there website to make it keep up to date,or are they just delaying the news so you have to buy there newspaper instead?

The Star website is always slow and can never keep up with modern news,you go on it late at night then the next morning it is still the same until about 12 o"clock in the afternoon,they need to improve there website to make it keep up to date,or are they just delaying the news so you have to buy there newspaper instead?

I find it unusable now because its so slow, its never up to date and by the time pages load news has moved on.

I find it unusable now because its so slow, its never up to date and by the time pages load news has moved on.

The paper is no better.

The photo of the murder scene on two thirds of the front page was the wrong way round.

It was being manned by ‘eciloP’ and a eciloP car was parked across the road.

Who proof reads this crap?

Not sure about the app but if you use chrome on the PC all you need to do is turn off JavaScript to read it but some content such as ads and photos may be missing. Applicable to other ad spamming sites too.

The website is terrible, but it's the same for all local papers owned by Johnson Press. The tablet app gives a PDF reproduction of the printed paper, so slightly less rubbish, but still out of date and lots of recycled stories from this very forum. At least it's free!