Post Brexit Racism.

Guest sibon
Racism is unacceptable to all right minded people at any time.

What you're doing is attempting to associate the leave campaign, Brexiters and the very idea of leaving the EU with xenophobia and racism. It is clearly part of a strategy to guilt trip people into cancelling Brexit.

I think that you are being too sensitive.

It is clear that the Brexit vote has emboldened some of our less salubrious citizens. They feel that they now have permission to voice unpleasant, xenophobic and or racist sentiments.

This is nothing to do with the majority of the leave voters. It is simply the fact that the result has encouraged some of the scum to rise to the surface. It needs dealing with by the rest of us, no matter which way we voted.

Bold:

Can you just clarify this bit here:

'it exists'

Do you mean post Brexit racism exists?

Or Racism exists with or without Brexit?

BOTH

ive mentioned before, cant remember if it was on here or another site, everytime theres something topical, racist attacks DO spike, same when theres islamic attacks, muslims, hindus and sikhs all get attacked

Both of them exist.

Of both of them then:

1. Racism exists. Good luck altering people's views. As I wrote yesterday but no replys:

Morons exist today, they did yesterday and will exist tomorrow, nothing can or will ever change that.

-

2. Brexit racism:

Equally as unacceptable, but it's no different to certain offences increasing during big events. Things like Euro football tournaments - numbers of football violence increases. Weekend - more drunk people and injuries. Elections - numbers of protests increase when over. Referendums - divisions occur.

I heard on the radio that the number of racist attacks is fewer than last year in the same week. People can make figures look how they want so I don't care to use that as evidence. If it has increased, I would expect exactly that. Doesn't make it right, but my views on social / mainstream media and moral panics has always been consistent, and this fits right into it.

-

I wonder if the number of insults from the intelligent remain voters has increased over the last few days?! :D

It's all I've seen. Divide and conquer! :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-07-2016 at 22:19 ----------

BOTH

ive mentioned before, cant remember if it was on here or another site, everytime theres something topical, racist attacks DO spike, same when theres islamic attacks, muslims, hindus and sikhs all get attacked

Cross posted but I pretty much answered this in my post (and are quite similar)

Racism is unacceptable to all right minded people at any time.

What you're doing is attempting to associate the leave campaign, Brexiters and the very idea of leaving the EU with xenophobia and racism. It is clearly part of a strategy to guilt trip people into cancelling Brexit.

It's the other way round Alain. Racists and xenophobes have associated themselves with the Brexit campaign. That's a fact. It's clear you don't agree with it and you'd rather it wasn't the case but you can't argue it isn't true.

Just for those people trying to downplay this nasty rise in racism.

Three race hate crimes every hour since EU referendum, say Met Police

Britain's largest police force has revealed it has seen a rise in reported hate crimes since the EU referendum.

New figures show 599 incidents of race hate crime were reported to Scotland Yard between 24 June - the day the result was announced - and 2 July.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/brexit-race-hate-crime-eu-referendum-met-police-a7121401.html

Racism is on the rise, do not try to deny it!