Post Brexit Racism.

One night I went to sleep in Great Britain and the next morning I woke up in Little England.

Can I have MY country back.

We are about to get it back . Id rather be a little Englander than a European.

Your vision of Little England is not for me, I am proud to be a European and first started living and working in Europe in 1970. I am not afraid of Johnny Foreigner, many of my friends are ones in fact I was one of them when working overseas. I enjoy the cross fertilisation of ideas and culture when working with people of other nations, it gave me a better understanding of people and countries, you should try it.

This is downplaying. You're trying to take away from the issue by comparing it to 2008 ignoring the figures being released that show a massive spike in hate crime.
"No Blacks, no Irish". Rings a bell? Think on it :|

I made no such claim.
"rather than expending energy claiming it's not a problem".

Your own words, that you placed in my mouth.

Do I have to call you for what you are loud and clear, or do you want to man up and do the decent thing yourself? :|

Using a date in your comment does not make it historical or a prospective. Its simply dismissive of the problem we are seeing now.

An increase of 42% going from 2,161 to 3,076 reported hate crimes and incidents bigotry and hate targeted at migrants means it has changed. Its an unprecedented increase.

It's wind and oxygen to the burning embers that have always been there, supplied every time an economic crisis precipitates hardship on the poorer section of society, any time, any place. In 2008. In the 1960s. In the 1930s. In the 1870s. <etc>.

Here, get a small insight, might bootstrap your thinking. Or go be an economic migrant elsewhere for a bit, that will open your eyes.

Thinking this is a new phenomenon shows you to be really naive.

Edited by L00b

Great input from Akala.

:thumbsup:

20% increase in hate crimes. Note that the report does not take hate incidents into account - apparently that is to differentiate between categories (Not a clue really how that works... seems to be a way to manipulate the figures to me.)

http://www.dw.com/en/british-police-report-over-6000-hate-crimes-in-month-since-brexit-vote/a-19421653

Sooooooo tired of those who voted to remain in the EU thinking they know, for certain, why all those who voted to leave the EU voted the way they did.

The only narrow minded aggression I've come across is from those cross that the vote didn't go their way.

---------- Post added 23-07-2016 at 16:49 ----------

Your vision of Little England is not for me, I am proud to be a European and first started living and working in Europe in 1970. I am not afraid of Johnny Foreigner, many of my friends are ones in fact I was one of them when working overseas. I enjoy the cross fertilisation of ideas and culture when working with people of other nations, it gave me a better understanding of people and countries, you should try it.

I know a lot of people who voted to leave the EU. And guess what? NONE of them are afraid of 'Johnny Foreigner' either!! :o:o:o In fact anyone who wants to come and work in the UK is more than welcome. :o

I'll give you two tough one.

I want UK to leave EU yet call myself European.

I consider Europe to be my homeland and I want all the best for it.

And that is why I want EU to fail.

Last time Germans helped certain individual to form a union biggest country in Europe failed so miserably that aftermath of that is felt 99 years later in half of continent.

Yes I compare Soviet Russia with its unelectable self serving political class and bureaucracy to European Commission self serving political class and bureaucracy.

Sooooooo tired of those who voted to remain in the EU thinking they know, for certain, why all those who voted to leave the EU voted the way they did.

The only narrow minded aggression I've come across is from those cross that the vote didn't go their way.

---------- Post added 23-07-2016 at 16:49 ----------

I know a lot of people who voted to leave the EU. And guess what? NONE of them are afraid of 'Johnny Foreigner' either!! :o:o:o In fact anyone who wants to come and work in the UK is more than welcome. :o

20% increase since the result, that is what this thread is about, the official figures have come out and it is clear that there is a jump in racism related crime. Sorry for pointing it out, broadminded person.

20% increase since the result, that is what this thread is about, the official figures have come out and it is clear that there is a jump in racism related crime. Sorry for pointing it out, broadminded person.

But.. Until the the Police give a complete breakdown of what is now classed as a hate crime compare to previous years it is hard to tell if it is actually a result of Brexit.

For instance there was an increase in hate crimes for the years 2014/2015 up 18% on the 2013/2014 data. Sadly it seems it has already been on the increase pre-brexit.

In 2014/2015 there was recorded:

42,930 (82%) were race hate crimes;

5,597 (11%) were sexual orientation hate crimes;

3,254 (6%) were religion hate crimes;

2,508 (5%) were disability hate crimes; and

605 (1%) were transgender hate crimes.

But.. Until the the Police give a complete breakdown of what is now classed as a hate crime compare to previous years it is hard to tell if it is actually a result of Brexit.

For instance there was an increase in hate crimes for the years 2014/2015 up 18% on the 2013/2014 data. Sadly it seems it has already been on the increase pre-brexit.

In 2014/2015 there was recorded:

42,930 (82%) were race hate crimes;

5,597 (11%) were sexual orientation hate crimes;

3,254 (6%) were religion hate crimes;

2,508 (5%) were disability hate crimes; and

605 (1%) were transgender hate crimes.

It's one hell of a coincidence if it hasn't emboldened all the little bigots to crawl out from under their stones emboldened by the ridiculous idea that because a majority of us voted leave we agree with their manifesto of hatred and bigotry.

Yeah a lot of Asians don't like Eastern Europeans for some reason, other than that I have not seen any of this increased racism .... and don't get me started about these so called 'hate' crimes, most of those would have been laughed out of the school playground 50 years ago :mad:

Yeah a lot of Asians don't like Eastern Europeans for some reason, other than that I have not seen any of this increased racism .... and don't get me started about these so called 'hate' crimes, most of those would have been laughed out of the school playground 50 years ago :mad:

Somehow the playground of 50 years ago doesn't seem like a great benchmark for assessing hate crimes.

Tell you what why not wind it back another 50