Do you want Adkins to stay or go?

Should Adkins get the sack?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should Adkins get the sack?

• Yes - I'm a Blade.
    • No - I'm a Blade.
    • Yes - I'm a supporter of another team.
    • No- I'm a supporter of another team.
    • Show me the results, please.

The stature of United should mean they can attract players from at least the Championship and with the combined financial clout of McCabe and the Prince :help: this shouldn't be beyond them, you should be starting next season with the strongest squad at your disposal and then its down to the manager whoever that may be.

if he does go who is there out there??[/quote

Is 'out there' a good expression ?

I genuinely don't think sacking Adkins is a good idea. He is probably the best United can get at the moment as is. I am just amazed the fans don't turn on the board instead of the manager at this stage.

You can't keep changing managers - give him another season.

mickey mouse?

goofy?

Could just go for a clown, they seem to do well :hihi:

Too right they do - but you can keep your hands off Carlos - he is ours! :hihi:

ive voted no, complete clear out and start afresh. im a supporter of the notion that its the board that isnt backing the manager well enough and making the wrong decisions.

hes a decent manager generally, i mean look what Nigel Cloughs done since getting the boot too.

Clough took over a side that was already well on the road to promotion, and almost led them to the playoffs - JFH is the main reason Burton have gone up.

It's not just the Board, manager or players - it's a combination of all.

The board terminated Clough out of the blue last summer after he'd culled the retained list, reducing options that Adkins may have wanted.

Adkins has made a few really duff signings - Woolford for certain, Hammond looking to be another - and the consistency of results/performances has gone.

The players have not performed to the level you would expect of professionals, particularly well paid ones at that level. Right from Day 1 at Gillingham, the attitude just seems well below what you should expect. Too many either had gone stale, or just not doing enough. Billy Sharp can hold his head up after a good season from him, but there's not too many more who could say they've done their best.

As for the manager staying or going - whatever they're going to do, just make the decision and get it done. If that means getting rid, I wouldn't be averse to giving Warnock one last hurrah (if he and Big Kev can work together - he was able to reunite with little Kev after their previous bad blood...). I think they will keep Adkins though...

Edited by sheff71

if he does go who is there out there??

Bryan Robson :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I thought Adkins was a great appointment at the time and still regard him as one of the better Managers.

I know a Manager is regarded as the one who wins things, or the one who 'loses the plot', but let's be fair, the 11 players on the pitch and 6 waiting in the wings should perform better when they cross that white line. I assumed that United had some 'far better' players than other clubs could call on, and thought they'd do very well this season.

I assume Adkins has done his best all season, the players though, haven't, they've been a disgrace at times. It's not up to Adkins to get the players to do their best, it's an attitude thing and the current lot have got attitudes that stink.

If I were a Blade, I'd keep Adkins and see what he can really do with a clean slate. He can manage, he's proved it before. It's the players who want their heads banging together.

I voted no.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

No - I am a Blade.

He's one season into a three year contract, give him at least two, if he's still not doing what's required, then get rid.

I follow the Blades and voted yes by mistake. I'd keep him on, maybe until October, but have a replacement scouted out by then. I'd also want to see a fairly severe clearout and new faces on the playing staff by August. If nothing changes then Adkins being a duff appointment will be confirmed.

The question and answer don't make sense.

Question. Do you want Adkins to stay or go?

Answer. Yes or No.

Yes or No what?