Micro Hydro Scheme

Ignoring the debate about whether pumped storage is a form of generation or not, you totally failed to answer this question from my first post...

Pumped storage is not a way to generate electricity at all. It is, as the name describes a way to store it for later use.

Are you arguing with yourself? :)

. I've already explained the principles which you describe. If it doesn't generate electricity then what is it feeding into the grid. I'll tell you-electricity. The alternator is driven by a turbine . The turbine is driven by the kinetic energy of the moving water. The alternator field system is driven by the turbine. The alternator stator is cut by the lines of magnet flux. By means of electromagnetic induction a voltage is induced and a current flows in the stator. Electricity is generated in the alternator and feed into the electrical grid. The alternator can be described as a "Synchronous Generator, SG,"are commonly used to con convert the mechanical power out put of steam turbines, gas turbines, reciprocating engines and hydro turbines into electrical power for the grid" (Generation ,Transmission and Utilisation of Electrical Power,Author. A T. Starr. Chap 1). Dinorwic ua a 1,728 megawatt Power Station utilising pumped storage . It's principle of operation is electromagnetic induction. That is to say that it generates electricity.

You seem to be missing the "pumping" part. How do you propose the water is pumped up into the reservoir?

. I've already explained the principles which you describe. If it doesn't generate electricity then what is it feeding into the grid. I'll tell you-electricity. The alternator is driven by a turbine . The turbine is driven by the kinetic energy of the moving water. The alternator field system is driven by the turbine. The alternator stator is cut by the lines of magnet flux. By means of electromagnetic induction a voltage is induced and a current flows in the stator. Electricity is generated in the alternator and feed into the electrical grid. The alternator can be described as a "Synchronous Generator, SG,"are commonly used to con convert the mechanical power out put of steam turbines, gas turbines, reciprocating engines and hydro turbines into electrical power for the grid" (Generation ,Transmission and Utilisation of Electrical Power,Author. A T. Starr. Chap 1). Dinorwic ua a 1,728 megawatt Power Station utilising pumped storage . It's principle of operation is electromagnetic induction. That is to say that it generates electricity.

Generation ,Transmission and Utilisation of Electrical Power,Author. A T. Starr Published in 1941,Your source of information is 75 years old.

It was written 40 years before Dinorwig.

Sgtkate.

I'll get back to you on this. I like your ideas vis-a-vis superconductivity. You may find the research and work carried out by Joe Flynn interesting .His work has been into

"Over Unity ": motors,and generators, with an excess of magnetic force above the value actually imputed . I don't want to drag us back into efficiency and thermodynamics-but you just might find Flynn's work startling .

We've got to try and keep it interesting.

http://www.suptech.com/Cables_Oct_10.pdf

The distribution system in many cities consists of gas filled or oil filled armoured cable distributing at 400kv and in some case 600kv. If the existing overhead transmission system could push past the 400kv (Supergrid) limit then line losses could be reduced. However, that would require a completely separate generating and transmission system. The rule of thumb economic limit for transmission at the moment is about 1000V per mile.

The Mendip Mill project is worth a look at. From that one can guage the kind of capacity that is needed and estimated costs. I'll be back.

Edited by petemcewan

Sgtkate.

I'll get back to you on this. I like your ideas vis-a-vis superconductivity. You may find the research and work carried out by Joe Flynn interesting .His work has been into

"Over Unity ": motors,and generators, with an excess of magnetic force above the value actually imputed . I don't want to drag us back into efficiency and thermodynamics-but you just might find Flynn's work startling .

The distribution system in many cities consists of gas filled or oil filled armoured cable distributing at 400kv and in some case 600kv. If the existing overhead transmission system could push past the 400kv (Supergrid) limit then line losses could be reduced. However, that would require a completely separate generating and transmission system.

The Mendip Mill project is worth a look at. From that one can guage the kind of capacity that is needed and estimated costs. I'll be back.

How do you propose the water is pumped up into the reservoir?

You may find the research and work carried out by Joe Flynn interesting .His work has been into

"Over Unity ": motors,and generators, with an excess of magnetic force above the value actually imputed . I don't want to drag us back into efficiency and thermodynamics-but you just might find Flynn's work startling

Over Unity motors and generators are in the same league as Perpetual Motion machines and have never been scientifically verified as they don't work. Might as well build some Tesla towers instead..

Too expensive as the whole infrastructure would need to be replaced. Cheaper just to build an extra small power-station to bridge that loss.