Donald Trump 'Ban all Muslims from entering USA"

Trump doesn't need banning from anything.

He's only spoken and he's not directly inciting violence.

He needs not electing. Hopefully our American cousins are wise enough to arrange that. I suggest that he's allowed to make an idiot of himself by being invited to offend various other creeds who have votes in US elections. That should do it.

American muslims and muslims in general have my sympathy. I remember when George Bush said that he didn't want atheists in his country. The Americans voted for him anyway. Twice. Let's hope they've learned something.

If you count his second term as legitimate.

Pranksters read verses from a Bible disguised as the Qur'an to prove a point

"Muslims have been accused of following a religion that has no place in our Western culture," the piece continues. "This made us wonder: What about Christianity? A religion that has influenced our culture greatly?"

To further explore the question, Spoor and Harland picked up a copy of the Bible and started reading.

Then, after selecting what they called "some of it's most gruesome verses," they removed the Bible's cover, replaced it with the cover of a Qur'an – the central religious text of Islam – and took to the streets.

"Let's see what happens when we read these passages from the Bible to some people out there, all while leading them to believe these are passages from the Qur'an," says one member of the team, which goes by Dit Is Normaal on YouTube, before sharing the following quote with several passers-by.

As it turns out, people in The Netherlands aren't very keen on the idea of eating their own children. Or putting gay men to death. Or cutting off the hands of women who dare to teach.

"How could anyone believe in this?" one woman says. "That's unbelievable to me."

"Cutting off peoples' hands … I mean, apparently that's just the way they are," says another. "If you've been raised with this book and these kinds of thoughts it's going to influence the way you think."

When asked to compare what they've just heard from the (fake) Qur'an to what's in the Bible, different people the comedians encounter describe the Islamic holy book as "more aggressive" and less "positive" than the Christian holy book.

Then comes the big reveal, which leaves every participant visibly shocked (and most, rather amused).

LINK

As an atheist that video is frickin' hilarious!

As I said earlier, I do think that some opinions are bad enough to warrant banning them from the country, and other opinions are harmless enough to not cause alarm. It is an overly simplistic viewpoint to think that you either allow every opinion going or you ban them all. Some are acceptable others are not.

As we're going on about free speech, do you believe we should allow foreign Muslim hate preachers to enter the country and stir up trouble and maybe even provoke violence?

---------- Post added 08-12-2015 at 23:20 ----------

You belong to a very exclusive club then. :hihi:

No I wouldn't ban someone just because I don't like what they are going to say or preach, because I think if we alow one person to say or preach what they believe we should alow everyone to say and preach what they believe, and because banning an opinion or belief wouldn't solve the problems caused by thoses opinions and beliefs.

---------- Post added 09-12-2015 at 11:36 ----------

The Bible has much the same approach:

So if there's towns in Britain with at least one non-believer in it, the whole town must be destroyed.

Peaceful and loving Christians, you know the job you have to do, get to it!

Yes it does, but you will notice a huge differance between the actions of Christains and the actions of Muslims if you choose to mock their respective books or Jesus/Mohammad. The number of Christains that adhere the violant parts of the Bible is also significantly lower than the number of Muslims that adhere the violant parts of the Koran, which means adherants to the Koran affect the average athiest significanly more than adherants of the Bible.

Yes it does, but you will notice a huge differance between the actions of Christains and the actions of Muslims if you choose to mock their respective books or Jesus/Mohammad. The number of Christains that adhere the violant parts of the Bible is also significantly lower than the number of Muslims that adhere the violant parts of the Koran, which means adherants to the Koran affect the average athiest significanly more than adherants of the Bible.

How on earth do you arrive at this conclusion? I think you just made it up to suit your own agenda. Do you include all the (predominantly US based) Christian right wing fundamentalists in your analysis?

How on earth do you arrive at this conclusion? I think you just made it up to suit your own agenda. Do you include all the (predominantly US based) Christian right wing fundamentalists in your analysis?

Okay, let's not get carried away.

The important thing is that just because there are a few tens of thousands of Muslims (out of well over a billion) are also murderous thugs, it is quite unreasonable to suggest that all Muslims should be subject to any kind of special restrictions. That's just not reasonable.

But to suggest that US Christians have anything like a comparable fundamentalist problem is silly. They don't. The only comparable problem in Western Christianity is the KKK. And they're tiny by comparison.

Now if you look over in Africa, I'm sure you can find good examples of bands of murderous Christian thugs. They only real difference there is that the Muslim thugs are moe scary than the Christian ones if you don't happen to live in the region.

Okay, let's not get carried away.

The important thing is that just because there are a few tens of thousands of Muslims (out of well over a billion) are also murderous thugs, it is quite unreasonable to suggest that all Muslims should be subject to any kind of special restrictions. That's just not reasonable.

But to suggest that US Christians have anything like a comparable fundamentalist problem is silly. They don't. The only comparable problem in Western Christianity is the KKK. And they're tiny by comparison.

I disagree - there are a few tens of thousands of white supremacists/extremists in the US, all of which claim to have Christian beliefs. This is clearly a fundamentalist problem, but it tends to manifest itself as single person attacks rather than as part of organised group. That is why people tend to view Muslim extremism as more of a threat, but the reality is different.