Fastest speed on the parkway

Correct

It is 60mph.......unless there is a central barrier. 70mph only if a central barrier is present.

So, on dual carriageways, it's 70, as stated.

Correct

It is 60mph.......unless there is a central barrier. 70mph only if a central barrier is present.

AFAIK, It doesn't have to be a barrier, just physically separated carriageways as opposed to just white lines painted on the road. MIlton Keynes has acres of dual carriageway national speed limit roads with a 70mph speed limit in a car but the carriageways are often just separated by a wide central reservation rather than a crash barrier.

The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002

Interpretation—general

4. In these Regulations unless the context otherwise requires—

“dual carriageway road” means a road which comprises a central reservation and “all-purpose dual carriageway road” means a dual carriageway road which is not a motorway;

“central reservation” means—

(a)

any land between the carriageways of a road comprising two carriageways; or

(b)

any permanent work (other than a traffic island) in the carriageway of a road, which separates the carriageway or, as the case may be, the part of the carriageway which is to be used by traffic moving in one direction from the carriageway or part of the carriageway which is to be used (whether at all times or at particular times only) by traffic moving in the other direction;

Correct

Doesn't have to be an "armco" type barrier..a grass verge is enough to denote it as a D/C

I only ever do 70 max except when a Rotherham taxi comes past me and the tow from his slipstream increases my speed to 90

hi I was driving my Picasso and got 120mph for about 500 yards then slowed back to 50mph, there was not another car in sight it was a sunday morning, at about 6am

hi I was driving my Picasso and got 120mph for about 500 yards then slowed back to 50mph, there was not another car in sight it was a sunday morning, at about 6am

It`s a very brave person who does that speed in a citroen:hihi:

Ronnie Pickering?

You can get up to 70mph on the Parkway ?!?!?!

Usually when I am on there we are lucky to get up to 30mph.

45 years with a clean license and use the parkway every day never broken the speed limit once not many people can say that.

I think Citroen are quite capable of building a

that'll meet your exacting standards. ;)

45 years with a clean license and use the parkway every day never broken the speed limit once not many people can say that.

I think I used to drive the same make of vehicle a lot better when I changed to a BMW.