Canary Islands at Christmas?

We really want to go away this Christmas and are considering the Canaries but website temperature guides show it is only likely to be around 19 - 20 degrees. Have any of you been and got better temperatures than this please? I was hoping for at least 25 - 26 degrees.

I know there's Egypt but we've been put off a bit after what happened in another similar country earlier this year. I know there's also Mexico and the Caribbean but it seems too far to fly for a weeks holiday. Some have advised Cape Verde but we like to get out of the hotel some evenings and there doesn't seem much to get out to, there.

I know it's a bit of a first-world problem but any advice gratefully received - thanks.

going back a few years now but I wintered one year there on mostly Tenerife October-February.

I wouldn't want to be there frankly at Christmas. It really starts to heave, and they hike the prices up a lot. The weather is pretty good though, in fact probably better than even Egypt is. December and January can be pretty cold there, even in Sinai. Just as if not colder than the Canaries, which is further south than even Sharm el-Sheikh. But you don't really want to be in Egypt at all now really with the security concerns.

for a week anything really long haul like not only the Caribbean but Thailand etc is out of range. Dubai possibly if you can handle it, unlike north Africa that is safe as well as hotter, although at 7 hours that is a bit far too. There is Madeira, that is a bit further south than the Canaries, it is apparently a lot quieter, however it is no warmer. Canaries really might be your best bet. However I'd be looking at one of the quieter islands (Gomera maybe?) that will not be chaotic at Christmas, and not Tenerife.ven Egypt is. December and January can be pretty cold there, even in Sinai. Just as if not colder than the Canaries, which is further south than even Sharm el-Sheikh. But you don't really want to be in Egypt at all now really with the security concerns.

for a week anything really long haul like not only the Caribbean but Thailand etc is out of range. Dubai possibly if you can handle it, unlike north Africa that is safe as well as hotter, although at 7 hours that is a bit far too. There is Madeira, that is a bit further south than the Canaries, it is apparently a lot quieter, however it is no warmer. Canaries really might be your best bet. However I'd be looking at one of the quieter islands (Gomera maybe?) that will not be chaotic at Christmas, and not Tenerife.

Edited by blake

....website temperature guides show it is only likely to be around 19 - 20 degrees. Have any of you been and got better temperatures than this please? I was hoping for at least 25 - 26 degrees.

I've been there in January and February and 19-20 was as good as it got. 16-17 was more usual. You also get a lot of breeze.