Explosion in Chinese factory

It wasn't a factory, it was the shipping yard at the docks where it went bang. The footage shows large amounts of shipping containers, freshly delivered Beetle cars for export/import etc. If it had been a factory and therefore lots more people about it'd have been in the city and the dead would be "just" 44 people, it'd be thousands...

Here's some pictures of the devastation. There is an unbelievable amount of damage to the point that looks like a low yield nuclear bomb has gone off. Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised to see the casualty numbers rise considerably.

Those pics look horrid - like Sheffield as depicted in Threads :(

Here's some pictures of the devastation. There is an unbelievable amount of damage to the point that looks like a low yield nuclear bomb has gone off. Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised to see the casualty numbers rise considerably.

If it was a low yield nuclear device then those buildings wouldn't be standing. Most of that looks like uncontrolled fires have gone through especially the car lot they will have just burnt from one to the other and nothing could be done to stop it. It looks like there has been a huge area that has burnt, or is still burning I should think probably because there was just so much combustible stuff there.

They said a lot of firefighters were killed in the explosions, so I can only presume they were already there fighting a fire which is presumably what triggered the explosions. 50 dead now they reckon I can only imagine that is going to rise a lot more :(