Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

yes they are! and as such should go to the nearest safe country, Italy, Spain, Austria,Germany, Hungary if they are genuinely in fear of their life, if they travel further unnecessarily then people will draw their own conclusions:suspect: geography is not a strong point for some on here:roll:

You should read this - http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/jul/27/refugees-not-migrants-arriving-thousands-greece-shores?CMP=share_btn_tw

The Army should be brought in to sort this nonsense out .

No need to shout :cool:

Let me see - what term does the Express use (not a paper that is pro-immigration in any shape or form).

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/593988/Border-alert-10-000-migrants-mass-Calais

"There are now thought to be 5,000 migrants living in a makeshift camp called the “Jungle”.

They have come to Calais hoping to get into Britain where they can claim asylum."

Where are they coming from?

"Thousands of men from war-torn countries such as Sudan, Somalia, Eritrea and Afghanistan moved to the sprawling camp earlier this year."

I'm sure those countries tell people fleeing for their lives that they should claim asylum in the first country they come to. Or maybe not.

From the Economist - again another publication that is hardly wishy-washy - talking about economic migrants and where they come from.

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21631076-rather-lot-according-new-piece-research-what-have-immigrants-ever-done-us

Yes - the economic migrants come from Europe.

Oh and those paying $1000 a head to get into the boats aren't economic migrants?

They are not asylum seekers otherwise they'd be from Germany Holland, France, Ireland, Scandinavia etc and any other countries adjacent to the UK.

---------- Post added 28-07-2015 at 17:12 ----------

There is a massive issue with immigration to Europe, this is why it should be tackled on an international level. The UK closing its eyes to the issue, whilst it is blatantly obvious and present in Calais, is not helping anybody. Cameron is doing his usual trick of sticking his fingers in his ears and nanananaing.

We don't want them, we didn't ask them to come, none of them appear to be starving,

They are neither asylum seekers or refugees they are economic migrants.

---------- Post added 28-07-2015 at 17:14 ----------

yes they are! and as such should go to the nearest safe country, Italy, Spain, Austria,Germany, Hungary if they are genuinely in fear of their life, if they travel further unnecessarily then people will draw their own conclusions:suspect: geography is not a strong point for some on here:roll:
Thank god someone else speaking the truth. we can't afford to look after our own elderly, sick and unemployed so where is the money coming from to look after bogus asylum seekers/refugees?

---------- Post added 28-07-2015 at 17:21 ----------

The UK is a victim of its economical success, but

Hold on a minute does record numbers of food banks ring a bell? How many times are we told that we can't afford to look after our elderly? How many times are we told that the health service is at breaking point.

Yet there are people on here who want to put others first, these others are from countries that receive £Millions in aid.

---------- Post added 28-07-2015 at 17:24 ----------

Last year Germany had 200,000 applications for asylum. This year that figure is expected to double.

So in two years the Germans will have received more asylum seekers than the entire population of Sheffield.

I don't know what the answer is but if anyone thinks Europe can just keep on taking everyone from the third world who turns up here, they are wrong.

Exactly we can't afford to look after our own so why should we look after other countries people, after all they get enough overseas aid.

We don't want them, we didn't ask them to come, none of them appear to be starving,

They are neither asylum seekers or refugees they are economic migrants.

It is completely irrelevant whether you want them or not or asked them to come. There is a problem and saying: "We don't want the problem" is akin to either terrible management (which is common in the UK I'm afraid) or being a toddler. You can choose which of those two options best describes you.

In the meantime, let the grown-ups deal with it appropriately and stop encouraging your PM to behave like you.

It is completely irrelevant whether you want them or not or asked them to come. There is a problem and saying: "We don't want the problem" is akin to either terrible management (which is common in the UK I'm afraid) or being a toddler. You can choose which of those two options best describes you.

In the meantime, let the grown-ups deal with it appropriately and stop encouraging your PM to behave like you.

I paid into the system all my working life but I am now told I'm a financial burden on the state, these false asylum seekers, false refugees, economic migrants should not be here. If it carries on they'll be the equivalent to a city the size of Sheffield, how irresponsible is that, will they be queuing at food banks will the heck as like.

---------- Post added 28-07-2015 at 18:52 ----------

Seem to have hit a raw nerve there didn't I.

I paid into the system all my working life but I am now told I'm a financial burden on the state, these false asylum seekers, false refugees, economic migrants should not be here. If it carries on they'll be the equivalent to a city the size of Sheffield, how irresponsible is that, will they be queuing at food banks will the heck as like.

What's the boldened bit supposed to mean?

These people want to come here to reap the benefits of a country that we have all helped build. Our forefathers much more so.

We have everything they need as soon as they step one foot on our shores. Their goal is achieved, no wonder they take risks.

We have Schools, Housing, the NHS, emergency services and benefits for them to enjoy.

We have Left wing run Councils / Social Services who pander to their cultural needs. Not to mention The Human Rights Act.

These people who are rampaging around Calais cannot bring any benefit to us whatsoever.

My argument is this. Why should an 'Illegal Immigrant' who enters this country, enjoy the same benefits as me ?

This country has been built itself over centuries, and gives us the services and comforts i've listed above. It was a country built up for British people to enjoy, not any Tom, Dick or Harry who arrives here.

This nonsense of any person entering this country and being able to claim 'Asylum' because 'cos they got through the tunnel'. Its shameful on this government and previous goverments. We have been let down.

These people should be safe in France. We should have no guilt in saying stay there, we don't want you. This country has done more than enough in taking in Refugees, Asylum Seekers.

Being part of this EU dream doesn't help either - its all to do with OPEN BORDERS.

Its going to get worse,more and more will come if just a few are let in.

What needs to be done is the country they come from needs sorting out to make it as attractive as the UK,thats easier said than done.

Britain is effectively under siege. And it will only get worse. God only knows what the solution is, we will likely end up with people sleeping on the streets everywhere and living 10-20 to a room like in "Soylent Green".

Its over 21 years since the Channel Tunnel opened and so this deluge of people has been a long time coming.So I find it difficult that no plan has been put in place by the EU,Labour or Conservative for such an occurance

I seem to recall all of those years ago that when the masses did not invade the tunnel in order to get to England on its opening everyone had got it wrong.Though in reality it took slightly longer for it to dawn on people that the tunnel seemed a better proposition than boarding an "artic" then get aboard the ferry.

I for one am annoyed how lax our border is,how under manned our Border staff are,how slow that each political party has failed to make a positive inroad to this problem,how poor our laws are,and I could go on.

But filling the tunnel with CO2,I cannot hold with that.At its best its a bad tasting joke to stir a response,but at its worst to even consider the consequences of such action........

The U.K has been complicit with the USA in quite a few of the countries where there is disruption causing such a mass migtration.I may have missed it ,but I cannot remember the USA or even Russia pledging to help with the situation.

I for one find it offensive like others ,when we are unable to deal effectively with the people of this country ,who have contributed their lifetime to improving this country with their skills and their taxation only to fall short in their hour of need.

By the same token ,this mass migration scenario is not going away.This is an European problem and to a larger degree also an Asian problem.

Is it too much to ask that that leaders of all countries involved devise a strategy to combat the problem.Afterall that is what they are paid to do.

Not sure if my approach is too simplistic or it is one of lifes impossibilities.