Clough gone! Breaking news

Well, I was with you 100% until you said it didn't matter about their past track record! What a strange thing to say! Should I apply then? I've never been a football manager but I could get whoever playing 4 4 2?

Typo? (not/now).

Typo? (not/now).

Indeed :thumbsup: Cheers Jim.

Adkins 1/2 favourite.

Hope he gets it.

Today's papers saying he is holding out for a premiership job

Today's papers saying he is holding out for a premiership job

He might have a long wait then.

He might have a long wait then.

I watched a video clip about him on another Blades forum and to be honest with his level of ambition I don't think it will be that long until he manages in the top flight with somebody again. You are talking about a man who started as a player and got injured go turned to physiotherapy whilst managing a Sunday league team, he then carried on as a physio at a top level which got him his breakthrough in management. He then went on to bag something like 4 promotions in 6 years and stuff. Very ambitious bloke who strives to be at the top of the game, fair play to him.

As for as his suitability for the job goes I don't think there is any other manager around at the minute more suitable for the job. He has promotions at this level on his CV, he utilised a very good academy system at Southampton and bled youngsters into promotion winning teams which is what we need in a manager as we have some very good young talent. His style of play is attacking and good to watch. Perfect candidate if you ask me.

Edited by green_man

I watched a video clip about him on another Blades forum and to be honest with his level of ambition I don't think it will be that long until he manages in the top flight with somebody again. You are talking about a man who started as a player and got injured go turned to physiotherapy whilst managing a Sunday league team, he then carried on as a physio at a top level which got him his breakthrough in management. He then went on to bag something like 4 promotions in 6 years and stuff. Very ambitious bloke who strives to be at the top of the game, fair play to him.

As for as his suitability for the job goes I don't think there is any other manager around at the minute more suitable for the job. He has promotions at this level on his CV, he utilised a very good academy system at Southampton and bled youngsters into promotion winning teams which is what we need in a manager as we have some very good young talent. His style of play is attacking and good to watch. Perfect candidate if you ask me.

Sounds good to me.

Adkins would be a very good choice but I think you may have more chance of getting Parkinson (Michael) :hihi:

Brian the Blades got it right again with his ditty

N-I-G-E-L

B the B deserves more credit than he gets.

I was surprised to read the Bradford chairman's comments re finances, he suggested that his teams budget was very similar to United's, if that's the case then maybe the £10m being bandied about is a number plucked from thin air, cos I can't see Bradford having a budget anywhere near that,surely?

A touch of green eyed monster maybe?

So its looking like Phil Parkinson then, not quite an awe inspiring appointment if true.

What do you blades think?