Expectations For Next Season..

top4718

Aside from all the guff spoken by chairman that only a naive fool would believe (5yr plans, game changing etc) what do you think your respective teams will achieve in 2015/16.

Last time around after a turbulent close season I fully expected the mighty Owls to be in a relegation battle so to finish comfortably in mid table and with a player in the team of the year I was happy, with the investment obviously people's hopes raise but I can still only see a season of consolidation finding our feet with the new regime, a play off tilt would be good but I'm happy for us to build steadily.

I suspect for most blades after the reasonable run of form in 2014 that promotion in some form was a must this season, with the failure to do that and a (in some quarters) unpopular and negative manager at the helm will next time around be a celebration or another calamity?

Over to you......

I have a feeling, the feeling isn't overwhelmingly positive I'm afraid. I think we are going to go through some growing pains next season, and they will test Chansiri and the fans. I'd be delighted with a top ten finish, but it will be tough going in the first half of the season, almost the opposite of this season.

I think we might well see a new manager (although I am against that notion) and with 13? players going we will need to bring an awful lot of them in as well, which means a transition period - and thus the test that I spoke off. Depending on the quality of the players brought in, I think we will challenge the year after though.

I reckon we'll finish about 8th, just short of a play off spot. Don't think we'll have cash thrown at transfers so much. I can see us looking for young hungry players from England and maybe a few imports from the continent or even further afield.

I know you didn't ask but i'll say now, utd will get auto next season and if they don't finish up in the top 6 I can see the shoes coming off int'car park again.

I do expect some good quality signings coming in,we have proved that we arnt a million miles away from being a good championship team and with these additions I wouldn't expect owt less than play offs,but we will have to see who comes in first.

I expect us to be challenging for a play off place, and see no reason to think otherwise. Up to now the chairman has delivered on the pitch and the scoreboard, which is yet to be installed. As Gazza says the team only needs tweaking with quality signings, and i feel this will be achieved. As long as we stay competitive and challenging i will be satisfied, awaiting 2017 and our promotion year.

One of our teams will be successful and i reckon the Blades will be pushing automatics, the very least play-offs.Nigel Clough made some poor decisions this last season.Therefore with

new faces in the positions that he didn't have this season and he himself much wiser then i reckon the Blades will be in contention in automatic positions throughout the season .

The Owls, this is more difficult to call and to be pushing play-offs will be what i expect given the expectation of a few quality players coming in .Stiffening the backbone is essential, whilst keeping hold of Westwood for starters , another quality central defender in ,a creative

goalscoring midfielder plus a talented goalscorer and should be thereabouts.

Edited by Southey owl

Obviously new signings (and potentially new managers at both clubs) could make a huge difference (positively or negatively), but assuming both managers start the new season...

United: I think League One should be at it's weakest overall for some time next season, with imploding Blackpool, a poor Wigan outfit and Millwall coming down. Glad to see the back of Yeovil in a downwards direction too! :) So with some decent signings and a more positive approach, top 6 is a bare minimum, and we should really be in serious contention with the likes of Preston or Swindon, Chezzy, Bradford, Peterborough for the automatic spots. And maybe next season, just don't put everything into both cups...

Owls: With the potential funds available (and building on 13th place without a decent striker), Anything other than top 6 should be seen as a little disappointing. If Bournemouth and Watford can do it, then the owls certainly should be capable, especially now the pitch can't be used as an excuse.