Congestion on Walkley Road, bottom of Palm Street.

A section in the middle where no one can park to allow passing would solve a lot of the problems very easily.

that's the solution, and would allow drivers westbound, encroaching on the 'wrong side' to see oncoming traffic!

Sorry residents, but it only needs 2 car spaces less.

that's the solution, and would allow drivers westbound, encroaching on the 'wrong side' to see oncoming traffic!

It's true. It would only mean losing a couple of spaces, but it would improve things no end, and it'd be much better than losing all the spaces if it were to be double-yellowed all along.

I really liked living there, but I don't miss that road one bit.

Edited by Olive

I think more - you'll often find a couple of cars going each way - you'd therefore need room for two cars to pull over (rather than park) so I reckon you're looking at 4 car lengths.

Theoretically that's the solution.

BUT

in practice 2 cars don't go through at a time. The front guy makes a run for it with half a dozen cars following on to form a train. When this happens both ends, deep schtuck

I've got a friend who lives on that bit of Walkley Rd and he reckons there are arguments most nights when cars come from both directions and someone won't reverse (4x4s being the worst culprits) Wasn't there talk of making it one way a few years ago?

By far my least favorite road in the whole of Sheffield. My solution would be to make it one way, you would also get more parking for locals (probably?)

I'm no road planner so don't pretend to know the answer, just know that something needs doing. I am just really surprised that nothing as been done after all these years.

It's fun in a left-hand drive car

You can see even less round the corner/parked cars

However, a tip for some people: The houses have windows. Windows are made of glass. Glass reflects light.

The number of times I've seen somebody set off, only to have to reverse, when by using the reflections which showed oncoming traffic it was clear that the way wasn't clear. It's not a perfect solution. But it helps.

When I lived there, I used to try not to drive against the flow of traffic if I had to drive anywhere vaguely during rush hour. I'd make sure, when possible, to park facing the right way so that on a morning I'd not have to attempt going from Freedom Road and to Palm St end, and on an evening vice versa.

To be honest, it's was one of the reasons we moved. I fully expected that sooner or later parking restrictions would come in. I'm surprised they haven't with all the hoo ha that goes on, the police must have flagged it up to the council, surely?