Congestion on Walkley Road, bottom of Palm Street.

On the bend on Walkley Road, there are always parked cars on one side. Unfortunately you cannot see round the bend and this often results in cars meeting and having to reverse.

Yesterday I witnessed a slight disagreement where a driver was swearing at not one but two cars, asking the drivers whether they would like to discuss outside of their vehicles. (Different language used.)

Just wondered if anyone else has had, or witnessed similar incidents in the area?

Every morning, every afternoon, every day.

Half five in the afternoon is fun because not only do you get congestion there you also get it back up near where The Crown pub used to be. Cars coming up trying to turn right, cars coming down trying to turn left, others cars coming up and down.

I'm glad I don't drive but as a pedestrian trying to negotiate that area when it's nose to tail is a challenge.

Oh I totally hate that road. I've had the misfortune of a disagreement on there.

Any viewpoint on how it can be improved please?

I know this stretch of road well, and it is a nightmare. Aside form the difficulty of negotiating the bend with parked cars itself, the problem is that once drivers get round it, many of them suddenly feel the urge to put their foot down, presumably to make up for lost time or something.

My son attends Walkley Primary on Burnaby Crescent nearby, and many times I've been trying to cross Walkley Road with him when a driver comes flying away from the bend at speeds that must be well in excess of 40mph. There are quite often school children trying to cross this stretch of road unaccompanied and there is no crossing patrol. It is only matter of time before a child is injured, or worse.

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 20:39 ----------

Any viewpoint on how it can be improved please?

It won't be popular with the local residents, but the addition of stretches along that piece of road that are marked with double yellows would offer refuges where drivers can pull in.

For the possibly related seeding problem I mentioned above, I'm afraid the only solution is a pedestrian crossing, school crossing patrol (which I understand is actually the responsibility of the council, not the school) or traffic calming measures.

I had issues with this bend on Saturday with the football traffic. I was travelling towards walkley lane and there was a constant stream coming the other way. At some point I had to go otherwise I'd have been stuck there for ages, and inevitably I met an angry driver halfway round the bend. He bumped up the kerb and shouted at me that it was his right of way.

I think a short stretch of double yellows would help the situation; residents may complain but they must witness countless disagreements every day. The reason people speed through there is because they see it is clear and want to get through before another car comes.

Used to walk this way to work and have seen a few 'disagreements' - the incidents I've seen have usually been due to stubbornness on the part of one driver refusing to back down when a bit of patience is usually all that's required....

Just avoid it.There should be no parking at all on this road whatever the residents might think.

Every single day unfortunately.

It won't be popular with the residents, but the only solution will be to put double yellow lines down both sides, or at the very least split it up so there's points where drivers can pull in.

its shocking I live near there it needs traffic light each end

Just avoid it.There should be no parking at all on this road whatever the residents might think.

or make it a no through road

No parking would work, but it's unfair to people who have terraced houses in this age of cars being a necessity.

Traffic lights either end of the bottleneck would lead to congestion/queueing on Walkley Lane

One way from Walkley Lane to Carr Road and one way up Carr road to top of south road, with traffic lights at Carr road/south road to allow progress is my idea. Nothing is going to be ideal