Aldi and Lidl..Rubbish

Although I only use the big name supermarkets I have always thought I was a canny shopper.I very rarely buy big name brands,I always try the smartprice type as in many cases they are better.However people keep telling me I should go to Aldi or Lidl so I decided to give them both a try.I found both shops had very little choice,a lot of things were definitely more expensive than I would normally pay,and of course the brands were unheard of.I eventually made a few purchases at each shop.I may as well have thrown my money away.Everything was rubbish.Doughy bread,tinned tomatoes thick in salt,as were the crisps,tasteless fruit,rubbery boiled ham,virtually veg free veg soup,the frozen food was disgusting,pork pies were horrible.Never again,it's not cheap if you have to throw it away.

Don't worry, there's always Waitrose.

Although I only use the big name supermarkets I have always thought I was a canny shopper.I very rarely buy big name brands,I always try the smartprice type as in many cases they are better.However people keep telling me I should go to Aldi or Lidl so I decided to give them both a try.I found both shops had very little choice,a lot of things were definitely more expensive than I would normally pay,and of course the brands were unheard of.I eventually made a few purchases at each shop.I may as well have thrown my money away.Everything was rubbish.Doughy bread,tinned tomatoes thick in salt,as were the crisps,tasteless fruit,rubbery boiled ham,virtually veg free veg soup,the frozen food was disgusting,pork pies were horrible.Never again,it's not cheap if you have to throw it away.

Awww thanks Mr Sainsbury

It's about WHAT to buy. It's the same in all supermarkets. They are great at some products and less great at others. Lidl's in-store baked bread is lovely.

Yeah it's awful.

You should avoid it.

(The aldi at Handsworth has become too popular, last shop they had no turnips left and had run out of bananas! I love the speedy check out system but these new people like to stand and fanny about)

Ah that's a shame,i would keep well away if I was you..More floor space for the rest of us..:)

Wifey bought some really superb grapes from Dronfield Aldi this morning. We have no complaints.

It's about WHAT to buy. It's the same in all supermarkets. They are great at some products and less great at others. Lidl's in-store baked bread is lovely.

I agree. For those of us who have time to shop around Aldi has some great products. For example, their wine consistently wins awards, and my husband and son really rate a couple of their reds, both for quality and price!

Wifey

OMG you are living dangerously on here with the SF feminists.

Their coffee capsules are a LOT cheaper and just as nice as the well known brands.

Edited by medusa
fixed tags

Haha! She is normally known as SatNag!

Their own- label single malt whisky is a top brand.