Best taxi company

Which is the best taxi firm to use in Sheffield? I looked but the newest thread on this is 5 years old.

That you will have to find out your self, if 20 people answer this thread you will have all the taxi firms in Sheffield mentioned.

Which is the best taxi firm to use in Sheffield? I looked but the newest thread on this is 5 years old.

Mercury. :)

Mercury.

Decent quality clean cars, friendly enough drivers in the main , normally on time and they are up to date with technology.

The drivers still don't usually know where things are or the best routes but you sort of expect to give private cabs some help.

Just avoid our useless , scruffy , badly driven , dated black cabs which are frankly an embarrassment to the city and an absolute last resort .

The sooner we get uber in Sheffield the better.

Mercury, reliable

I'm in sheffield a few days ago and I happened to travel with mercury.

I think they are good

I have always used City cars and found them pretty good. I have even had drivers carry my bags right to my door, then refused a tip.

There has been the odd exception, like the driver who abused me when he shouted at me that I was lucky to get a cab when it was Ramadan. He ranted for the whole journey but I just ignored him. He was very much an exception though, perhaps he was just having a very bad day.

In the North of the city I find Union to be very good .Courteous, prompt (ish) and reasonably priced.

Well I used Mercury after the recommendations on here, very good service. :thumbsup:

Would have said Mercury until a few weeks ago, when they let me down badly, leaving me stranded with two young children with no acceptable explanation. Since then, I have refused to use them on principle and have found City to be reliable and efficient (so far)!