Best taxi company

Never had a problem with City cabs and I like their automated booking system that remembers your previous pick up points for quick repeats. Handy as I generally get them into town so I just press 1 a couple of times and a taxi turns up.

Never had a problem with City cabs and I like their automated booking system that remembers your previous pick up points for quick repeats. Handy as I generally get them into town so I just press 1 a couple of times and a taxi turns up.

Even better booking on line / on your iphone. Booked a taxi whilst on the train just pulling in to Sheffield station. Taxi was waiting for me outside station and saved me about £2 from what i'd have paid jumping into a black cab.

Never had a problem with Mercury

City, never had a problem.

Network taxis.

Always on time and never let us down.

Is it just me, or is it unusual for just two companies (Mercury and City) to have such a monopoly on the market in a city this size?

I would struggle to name a single other taxi company (have never heard of Network in the post above). My home town is less than half the size of Sheffield, yet I could name double the number of companies there.

most taxi firms have been took over by city cabs.they have more than a thousand cars now,and a dam fine service they provide any time day or night.

Mercury. :)
Yes - Mercury for sure. Punctual and reliable..:)

Even better booking on line / on your iphone. Booked a taxi whilst on the train just pulling in to Sheffield station. Taxi was waiting for me outside station and saved me about £2 from what i'd have paid jumping into a black cab.

Cheers for that, new bookmark saved.:)

Cheers for that, new bookmark saved.:)

There's a City taxis app too for the iphone - even has a map that shows in real time where your taxi is

No more it's just round the Corner