Airliner possibly shot down over Ukraine

Huge front page headline in today's Daily Mail - 'Putin's Killed My Son'

Has this been proved? Did I miss it?

I don't know whether it's true or not, but a lot of people will simply read that headline and believe it to be a fact.

This is how newspapers create and manipulate public opinion.

Never let the known facts get in the way of a sensationalist headline. And people say you cam't trust what you read on the internet....

I don't know whether it's true or not, but a lot of people will simply read that headline and believe it to be a fact.

Never let the known facts get in the way of a sensationalist headline. And people say you cam't trust what you read on the internet....

Well the Russians are still claiming it was a Ukranian fighter jet. Perhaps they might use their substantial influence to get the rebel fighters to stop holding up the investigation if they have nothing to hide.

Global and International Capitalism is so interdependent and interwoven- that I fear ,very little will be done to punish those who are responsible for the vile act, of shooting down flight 17.

It didn't fall out of the air of its own accord.

There will be : posturing, recriminations and threats-but no action. God forbid that Europe is precipitated into a war. However, I do hope those who are responsible for the downing of the plane,get their just deserts.

What can be done to redress such an atrocity ?

I'll be following how the relatives are treated. Already, I think I can detect a disregard for their wishes and feelings.

Edited by petemcewan

Well the Russians are still claiming it was a Ukranian fighter jet. Perhaps they might use their substantial influence to get the rebel fighters to stop holding up the investigation if they have nothing to hide.

My thoughts too. Could hand over the Black box while he's at it.

Whereas Russian newspapers are almost ignoring the story.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/18/mh17-crash-dominates-front-pages-world-not-russia

As in the Iraq war, authorities make statements of fact, as they want you Jo Public to OK their planned action. So as a famous Nazi stated repeat the lie hundreds of times and it becomes a truth.

So with little or no evidence we are being encouraged to hate Russia, this is necessary as we are in a sense at war with it, economically that is at the moment. Thus stirring up such BASE feeling allows the manipulating authority to take further action.

You are being tried as a lynch mob, being told who is guilty without not a shred of evidence, and worse YOU just don't realise it. Like the Pied piper the rats follow the music, and we can note from the comments so far who has swallowed the bait completely,

No wonder the UK is famous for its crap education for COMMON PEOPLE, as they are clueless when it comes to propaganda.

As in the Iraq war, authorities make statements of fact, as they want you Jo Public to OK their planned action. So as a famous Nazi stated repeat the lie hundreds of times and it becomes a truth.

So with little or no evidence we are being encouraged to hate Russia, this is necessary as we are in a sense at war with it, economically that is at the moment. Thus stirring up such BASE feeling allows the manipulating authority to take further action.

You are being tried as a lynch mob, being told who is guilty without not a shred of evidence, and worse YOU just don't realise it. Like the Pied piper the rats follow the music, and we can note from the comments so far who has swallowed the bait completely,

No wonder the UK is famous for its crap education for COMMON PEOPLE, as they are clueless when it comes to propaganda.

Wasn't it the BBC that exposed Blair's "sexing up" of the WMD claims?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/historyofthebbc/resources/bbcandgov/hutton.shtml

---------- Post added 19-07-2014 at 18:50 ----------

Reading that it seems that even the Guardian has little doubt that Russia is responsible.

I wonder what the Guardians lovechild, Edward Snowden, makes of it?

It doesn't make any claims about responsibility.