The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Message added by Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

as has been mentioned Corbyn's Labour party has managed to unite the UK's disparate Jewish community - who are almost never if ever, agreed on anything - to a greater extent than anybody, since Oswald Mosley. About 90% of Britain's Jews think that Labour now have a big problem, with antisemitism.

Jewish people always knew that far left-wing people like Stalin were just as likely to be antisemites as far right people like Hitler, but before, it didn't matter.

Now that since Corbyn those type of antisemite far left people have started to get prominent in the Labour party, it does matter.

---------- Post added 28-07-2018 at 14:50 ----------

Momentum's Jon Lansman: I Know Labour Has A Problem With Anti-Semitism

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/momentums-jon-lansman-i-know-labour-has-a-problem-with-anti-semitism_uk_59d0ae7ee4b05f005d34b8d3

well, thats what the media would have you believe, so i guess it must be true... but then again i have seen posts by Jewish groups that dont agree and see it all as just the sham it is....but you believe what you want.

it's not 'the media'. It's the Jewish community of Britain who have historically been a key component, and especially in the past, of Labour's coalition. They smell a rat with Jeremy Corbyn's Labour party and a lot of the new members. They think that too many of them, hiding behind this cloak of being 'inclusive' and 'anti-racist', are in actual fact a bunch of racist Jew-hating antisemites and for the most part they are far too smart and educated to have their opinions formed for them by the gutter press. Some Jewish people do continue to support Labour but it is a lot fewer, than before. The Jewish vote is not exactly an important segment British elections except in about 3 London constituencies, but it has totally collapsed since Corbyn became leader and at the last election at a time when Labour's vote increased.

it's not 'the media'. It's the Jewish community of Britain who have historically been a key component, and especially in the past, of Labour's coalition. They smell a rat with Jeremy Corbyn's Labour party and a lot of the new members. They think that too many of them, hiding behind this cloak of being 'inclusive' and 'anti-racist', are in actual fact a bunch of racist Jew-hating antisemites and for the most part they are far too smart and educated to have their opinions formed for them by the gutter press. Some Jewish people do continue to support Labour but it is a lot fewer, than before. The Jewish vote is not exactly an important segment British elections except in about 3 London constituencies, but it has totally collapsed since Corbyn became leader and at the last election at a time when Labour's vote increased.

Honestly? How many people in the general population are racist, Jew-hating antisemites? Why should the Labour party be any different? Most people couldn't care less.

The Israel question is different. Unfortunately a lot of Jews can't separate the two issues. For them, failure to support Israel is tantamount to denying their faith.

Edited by Anna B

Honestly? How many people in the general population are racist, Jew-hating antisemites? Why should the Labour party be any different? Most people couldn't care less.

The Israel question is different. Unfortunately a lot of Jews can't separate the too issues. For them, failure to support Israel is tantamount to denying their faith.

Considering that the Tanak says that Yahweh gave the the Promised Land (Book of Genesis 12:7 15:18-12) I can rather understand why they might think that.

IF you dont support Israel as a nation insofar as you deny it's right to exist then thats a direct attack on their faith.

complete garbage. It is a bad and clumsy law that millions of Israelis did not want and it only just passed through by a small margin. it is not a good law. But it does not mean that Israel is an 'apartheid state' or anything close to it or any different in practice this week to what it was last week.

If your counter-arguments are that nothing has changed one week after a law being passed, and that Israel is not an apartheid state when I didn't say it was, then that is weak. As it happens, I think Israel will become an apartheid state, because ethic nationalists pass laws like the one in question because they want to embed racism in the fabric of the state. That should be obvious, especially when their ethno-nationalism is of such a virulent strain as Netenyahu and Lieberman's.

Think about it for a minute: if a Labour government under Corbyn passed a law that allowed Jews to be treated less favourably, we'd be calling him a racist. Because that would be an essentially racist thing to do.

Edited by Bob Arctor

Considering that the Tanak says that Yahweh gave the the Promised Land (Book of Genesis 12:7 15:18-12) I can rather understand why they might think that.

IF you dont support Israel as a nation insofar as you deny it's right to exist then thats a direct attack on their faith.

It's a big leap between wanting dialogue, discussion and compromise towards a peaceful solution, to 'denying it's right to exist.'

Edited by Anna B

If your counter-arguments are that nothing has changed one week after a law being passed, and that Israel is not an apartheid state when I didn't say it was, then that is weak.

tbh its not as weak as his other arguements, like saying its antisemetic to use the term israeli "state"

and i forget the other nonsensical one

There are ultra-orthodox Jews who oppose Israel's existence though, and they would consider themselves "Torah-true", so presumably it's not possible for them to be attacking their own faith?